AVIC411.com

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I download the test mode x50 link???

I click on the link and nothing is downloaded ontoy computer or ad card

It says it downloaded but nothing is there? I forgot my password in my x950bh

And was hoping this works. Pioneer wants $80 and for me to send it in to rhem

Works for me (the one in post #14.  Clicking it downloads testmode-x50v2.zip. Unzipped to extract testmod.key.

I'm running Windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I got 4 NAND directory`s, which i backed up...now trying to get it to work on the Emulator....keep getting errors when tyring to run the pioneer :(

When I copied The NANDx directories (NAND, NAND2, NAND3, NAND4) to the SDCARD, I received the following error message after copying the files from the NAND directory to the SDCARD: "It failed to paste."  It did not specifically tell me which files failed to copy; however, I know VOLUME.DAT failed and I do not know specifically which files from the SYSTEM directory failed but I know when I manually copy the directory by itself it gave me the error message.  Does anyone know where to find which files failed to copy when the "It failed to paste" message shows up? Any insight is appreciated.  Thanks. 

also, wondering if the hidden, in-app debug/service menus work on x50 series. Can someone try it out?

advanced topic: hidden debug menus

I tried accessing the debug menus  on an AVIC-Z150BH and was unable to access any of the four levels.  Is there any update on the Caution -- aka "nag" -- screen?  If not, what is needed to continue the progress?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know how I can get access to sd slot behind my screen while I lost my password and I can't open the screen?

First, you shouldn't spam your question all over this board. You've posted in so many threads and sub-forums,  I'm not even sure what unit you have.  Spamming won't get you help any sooner and could P.O. the people you want for help.  

If it is a Z series (which hides the DVD and SD slots behind the screen), hold the eject button while turning on the ignition. Continue holding for about 5 seconds then release. The screen should open.

First, you shouldn't spam your question all over this board. You've posted in so many threads and sub-forums,  I'm not even sure what unit you have.  Spamming won't get you help any sooner and could P.O. the people you want for help.  

If it is a Z series (which hides the DVD and SD slots behind the screen), hold the eject button while turning on the ignition. Continue holding for about 5 seconds then release. The screen should open.

Appologize for my posts as this problem frustrated me alot, and thank you very much for helping me, my pioneer model is Avh-x8850bt , i put a password on it and i forgot what was my password, i will try to do your suggestion to see if i can open the screen, but as i saw it doesnt let me to do anything and constantly ask me to put password, i called to supplier ,they said they need to send it headoffice and i need to pull out whole unit and cost me $180 :(

Appologize for my posts as this problem frustrated me alot, and thank you very much for helping me, my pioneer model is Avh-x8850bt , i put a password on it and i forgot what was my password, i will try to do your suggestion to see if i can open the screen, but as i saw it doesnt let me to do anything and constantly ask me to put password, i called to supplier ,they said they need to send it headoffice and i need to pull out whole unit and cost me $180 :(

OK, I hope that gets the face to open. AFA password recovery, I don't have any experience with the AVH units - which are very different than the old AVIC Z and X series. I see you've already found some threads in the NEX Series sub-forum. Hopefully you can find how to get the password.  Unfortunately that bunch of users seems to be less than helpful and some of them try to sell their help. If I ever had to pay one of those bandits, you can be sure I'd post the "secret" to keep others from being robbed.  This is supposed to be a helpful community, not a money making source.

Once you do get it solved, I recommend not setting a password. It is just a false sense of security and will not prevent someone from stealing your unit (they won't know it has a password)  Once they've got your unit,  they'll just come here and find how to hack it.