AVIC411.com

Does the AVH-X8500BHS work with iPhone App Mode AND U250 Navigation?

Hey there, I'm completely new to forums, but I thought I'd chime in on a topic that I spent HOURS researching and was eventually able to figure out with a little help.  If you're using the axxess aswc-1 steering wheel interface you CAN actually re-map the controls to skip pre-sets.  I contacted the axxess tech support team and they were able to guide me through the process and it was actually pretty simple.  The latest update allows you to DUAL map the buttons on your steering wheel.  I.e. a single press changes the channel manually, but a long press skips to the next pre-set.  Ok so here it goes...first you have to make sure the aswc-1 unit is updated with the latest firmware from their site.  After its updated its a simple 4 step process.

1) Hold down the SEEK UP button for 10 seconds & watch GREEN LED go ON (on the aswc-1)

2) Release SEEK UP button

3) Press the VOL UP button and then release seven (7) times.  (Seven is the Preset Up button number in the chart).

4) Press the SEEK UP button to confirm that we are finished and to store this information.

repeat the process for the pre-set down funtion but instead of pressing the VOL UP button 7 times you'll press it 8 times.

I also found this list of commands(corresponds to the number of times you press VOL UP) on another forum, but i haven't tested any of them so use at your own risk.

• 1. Volume Up
  • 2. Volume Down
  • 3. Seek Up/Next
  • 4. Seek Down/Prev
  • 5. Source/Mode
  • 6. Mute
  • 7. Preset Up
  • 8. Preset Down
  • 9. Power
  • 10. Band
  • 11. Play/Enter
  • 12. PTT (Push To Talk)
  • 13. On Hook
  • 14. Off Hook

Also, I realize this post was almost 2 months ago so hopefully you got it all straightened out by now, but if not I hope this helps you out.  Also keep in mind that I did this on a 2010 Subaru Forester XT with the AVH-X8500BHS and the Axxess ASWC-1, but it should be the same on all vehicles if you have the same set-up. 

Good Luck!

Billy

Have you tested this to confirm that you still have track skip on CD/DVD and iPod/USB sources as well as preset skip on radio sources?

yes...track skip still works with my iphone, Bluetooth, and Pandora.  I generally don't listen to CD's, but the DVD will skip to the next scene.  My thought process is that you're programming the button to recognize a long press as opposed to a standard press.  The original programming is not actually changed which is why the track skip and everything else still works. The biggest thing to make it work though is making sure the interface is completely updated with the latest firmware which allows you to program buttons with dual functions.