AVIC411.com

Z150 iPhone 5 Firmware Update Released.

Has anyone applied this yet?

I'm concerned about the wording in the firmware notes. Basically saying that the iPod source will not work at all and that you must go into AppRadio mode and run the CarMediaPlayer app to play any music/video from the phone. This doesn't seem all that efficient just to play some music from your phone. The firmware delay seems awful shady to me now.

Also, does this hamper the ability to watch videos? Will video apps such as YouTube or Netflix output to the nav screen? I guess I'll find out soon enough when I apply the update. Was just hoping someone already took the plunge.

You will loose the iPod app with the iPhone 5. CarMediaPlayer will be used from now on. And at least with the AR2 with the i5 you can still use the You Tube and Netflix apps so this shouldn't be any different.

I asked this another thread but figured it might be relevant here…

By applying this update, are we over writing certain files that might aid in breaking into the software.

I'm specifically thinking from a jailbreaking perspective as is done with the iPhones where having a jailbroke iPhone and updating with apple supplied updates will update basebands and all that jazz.

So I guess I'm asking is applying this update safe from a hacking perspective ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...