AVIC411.com

"No Applicable Program" -HELP!

Tried to force write my Z120BT back to 2.03 from the Z140 update, now I get no applicable program after reboot!  worried that I've bricked the unit!  I've disconnected the battery to do a hard reset, hoping this might work. NAND reads right but there is no platform info!

HELP!

Done, Done and Done!  My Z120BT is now back to where it was before the 2012 Map update!  just couldn't live without the NAV VR feature!  I do a lot of driving for work and its great to be able to verbally input a new destination on the fly.  If Pioneer ever puts out an update with NAVTEQ maps again and it allows us to keep the VR features (which was the main reason I bought a Z120BT!) then I'll update. Will attempt the NAG screen hack tomorrow! THEN, on to iPhone 5 compatibility!!  Just waiting for my 30 pin to Lightening adapter to come in, to test it out!  

Done, Done and Done!  My Z120BT is now back to where it was before the 2012 Map update!

Congratulations!!! So now that you've successfully gone backwards, can you summarize the process (and maybe, in hindsight point out any mis-steps to avoid)? At least document the major steps. I know it's always hard to determine the level of detail for instructions. You have to assume some level of competence for the user, otherwise you get bogged-down in mini-steps - like how to use TestMode; how to extract compressed files, etc.

I'm sure there will be others who want to get their NAV VR back. In my case, I didn't use it very often, and the recognition wasn't that great, so I opted for Pandora Android support in CNSD-310FM. It wasn't the maps that go me to switch.

Oh yeah. This whole thread should probably be in Hacks/Mods. So if you do write-up the process, do it there and just add a link pointing to it in this thread.

Thanks.

Thanks RonS, I think I could have saved myself some time and panic if I had backed up my User file Before jumping to the 2012 update. My last resort was to dig up my original user back up, along with the original firmware to set the z120 back to stock.

I'll write out a step by step guide and post it in Hacks/Mods for those who want to revert back to their last firmware/2011 maps.

I'm pretty pissed off that Pioneer would delete the VR features, and I called my Pioneer rep to ask why, he actually had no clue! (not really surprised).

Thanks RonS, I think I could have saved myself some time and panic if I had backed up my User file Before jumping to the 2012 update. My last resort was to dig up my original user back up, along with the original firmware to set the z120 back to stock.

I'll write out a step by step guide and post it in Hacks/Mods for those who want to revert back to their last firmware/2011 maps.

I'm pretty pissed off that Pioneer would delete the VR features, and I called my Pioneer rep to ask why, he actually had no clue! (not really surprised).

Just wondering if you also fell back on the Parrot BT firmware. It might be backwards compatible.

Just wondering if you also fell back on the Parrot BT firmware. It might be backwards compatible.

Actually did I keep the BT firmware update from CNSD-310FM/UC. works perfectly on my 4s or my new i5 with 6.1.4 released today

Actually did I keep the BT firmware update from CNSD-310FM/UC. works perfectly on my 4s or my new i5 with 6.1.4 released today

Good, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'm not sure if there is any real benefit of having the new BT firmware with the older app software, but it's good to know that it works.
  • 8 months later...

Did this ever get posted on the Hacks/Mods thread? I attempted looking at Thevil1's posts and didn't see a separate guide posted.  I ended up in a similar situation and noticed that the PRG flag was present in mine, so I deleted the flag, removed the TestMode SD card, and rebooted the unit.  Once the unit rebooted, it automatically initiated an update and I had reverted back to CNSD-310FM (not the initial state that my unit shipped in, but one step prior to the most recent update).  Either way, this was fine for me because it got rid of the wretched useless 4.6 update for lightning compatibility, which is not effective for units below Z140 since they cannot use the required cables or play media through bluetooth properly.

In summary, these are the steps that I took (keep in mind mileage may vary depending on the unit you have and what firmware you are up to).  For the record, I had a Z120 that I took from stock all the way up to CNSD-310FM and then applied the 4.6 lightning patch.  The patch updated everything but the uCom, and info on user experiences on this update can be found here http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37506-z140-iphone-5-firmware-in-z130/ The patch was a mess since anything below a Z140 can't use the updated cables, and 30pin functionality was practically destroyed as far as how it used to function.

• Got an SD card and placed supertestmode (TESTMODE.KEY) on the card as well as created a folder called Backup for my USER folder.
  • Placed the SD card in the AVIC, went to option 11 (File Maintenance) and inspected the contents of the USER folder.
  • Took note that PRG0 and PRG1 were present, as well as PRG.FLG.  PRG.FLG is the indicator that tells the unit to use contents stored in PRG1.
  • I deleted PRG.FLG and removed the SD card.  After this was done, I rebooted the AVIC.
  • Upon reboot, the AVIC did an automatic update and upon inspection of system information, the unit had been restored to the CNSD-310FM state with all of my preferences still saved.  The only item that did not revert back was my bluetooth firmware version, but I have not encountered any issues with this yet.

I haven't checked to see if this update replaced the PRG.FLG and updated the contents of PRG1 to match PRG0, or if it just reverted to using PRG0.  I have updated this AVIC a total of three times, so I know that this isn't the "factory image." Perhaps PRG0 is a copy of the last working image and PRG1 is the update?  RonS may know this answer.