AVIC411.com

Outback 2011 parking brake wire

I bought a Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS HU and want to connect it in my 2011 Subaru Outback.

I would like to know where (details) I can connect the parking brake wire on my Outback.  I can't see no information about it anywhere and believe me, I've searche a lot on google, subaru forums... but not this one which I've been referred.

The only answer I have is either to ground it or buy a parking brake bypass.  Those two I don't want to do.  I really want to be compliant and honest (insurance) but I just can't connect this wire and I would like your help on this because if I can't connect this wire, I think the HU will not work and that will be a problem.  Some people told me that it was a headache to find the good wire and other told me that it is behind the parking brake control (left side of steering column), but those two info are conflicting.

Thanks a lot for any help
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Before I received your response I found this info:

Parking Brake:    gray    (-)
Body Integrated Unit, Right of steering column, white 35 pin plug ( C ), pin 32

The above comes from this manual.

I tried it and it's working great.  Can I know what is the source for the info you gave me, since it's not the same plug, I'm curious.

Thanks.
  • 1 year later...