AVIC411.com

Pandora with Bluetooth Z150bh

Just got the Z-150bh installed --so far it has been a huge upgrade and I'm loving it.

However, the Bluetooth connection has been unable to link up with Pandora or Aha. Streaming audio works fine, but no icon for Pandora or Aha ever comes up in the A/V source list?? I have tried on two Android phones (galaxy S2 and S4), but neither brings it up. I have tried resetting the Bluetooth multiple times, but nothing works....

Any ideas??

• 2 weeks later...

I may be able to help with your issue..

This Z150 does not work like a Z140 giving you BT app control on an android.

You must have the MHL adapter plugged into the bottom of your Android for it to work...that I know.

However I am having an issue that the screen flashes when I am using all the right connectors..I have found out this is an issue with my type of phone

The solution is to use a Samsung MHL adapter made for the phone.

I have it ordered arriving soon.

i thought this was only with the GS3.  the adapter kit says that the wiring is a mhl adapter.  i have had mine all wired up and ready to install but all of my free time has been taken by getting my house and yard ready for my daughters 1st birthday tomorrow.  it will be going very soon.  i have a sprint gs2 so i will let you know if you need the adapter or not when i get it in.

i thought this was only with the GS3.  the adapter kit says that the wiring is a mhl adapter.  i have had mine all wired up and ready to install but all of my free time has been taken by getting my house and yard ready for my daughters 1st birthday tomorrow.  it will be going very soon.  i have a sprint gs2 so i will let you know if you need the adapter or not when i get it in.

I already have the Pioneer MHL adapter already wired in and working on Galaxy Nexus and Pandora works great,   from what I can see this is the only way to use Pandora on android..unlike previous model that it worked wirelessly through Bluetooth

Now...there is a setting when you pair your phone it asks you if you want to use it for App radio mode..and I have said "yes",   so I am not sure if you say "NO" will it allow the use of Pandora the old way.

It is 100% confirmed that I can not use this phone on this radio and get video output to work correctly with the genuine pioneer MHL adapter kit,  I have to use a different one from Samsung that I will try next week.

• 2 weeks later...

I already have the Pioneer MHL adapter already wired in and working on Galaxy Nexus and Pandora works great,   from what I can see this is the only way to use Pandora on android..unlike previous model that it worked wirelessly through Bluetooth

Now...there is a setting when you pair your phone it asks you if you want to use it for App radio mode..and I have said "yes",   so I am not sure if you say "NO" will it allow the use of Pandora the old way.

It is 100% confirmed that I can not use this phone on this radio and get video output to work correctly with the genuine pioneer MHL adapter kit,  I have to use a different one from Samsung that I will try next week.

i am using the pioneer wire and nothing else with my sprint galaxy s2.  i have total control using appradio, pandora, and bluetooth audio.  i can play movies with no issues on the screen.  so it is phone specific not just the wire.  it is not 100% confirmed on all devices.  

Yes,  it is definitely phone specific,  I had a nexus with different results on pioneer adapter..and couldn't get it to work with Samsung MHL or Pioneer MHL,  there is an issue with screen output using hdmi on that phone.

I have an S4 now which doesn't work with the pioneer mhl cable at all or charge

I now have the proper MHL 2.0 cable from Samsung for the S4...and that works perfect.

Depending on which phone you have will determine what cable.

• 4 weeks later...

My question is, do you even need the Pioneer adapter?  Couldn't you run a short HDMI cable to the (for me, Samsung MHL [Note 2]) and that will work? 

Can you run the old iPod adaptor (IU230V I think it is) and use an Ipod Classic to run video and audio?

Other question is- to run the MHL, you do not need the USB connector?  I know for my MHL cable I needed the HDMI and USB power to connect to the TV.  I am hoping not so I can run both iPod and Android.

My question is, do you even need the Pioneer adapter?  Couldn't you run a short HDMI cable to the (for me, Samsung MHL [Note 2]) and that will work? 

Can you run the old iPod adaptor (IU230V I think it is) and use an Ipod Classic to run video and audio?

Other question is- to run the MHL, you do not need the USB connector?  I know for my MHL cable I needed the HDMI and USB power to connect to the TV.  I am hoping not so I can run both iPod and Android.

I don't know if the old adapter will work but I do know that an iPod classic and an Android phone can be hooked up at the same time. I did notice though, that if the z150bh is started initially with an iPod connected you can not select Android in the App Mode settings. If this happens, the z150bh must be reset without the iPod connected and the Android phone set up in App Mode BEFORE connecting an iPod.

Also the usb connector for Android is built into the MHL adapter and is for charging and doesn't use the same as the iPod/iPhone adapter. There is also a separate usb for charging on the rear of the z150bh.

I don't know if the old adapter will work but I do know that an iPod classic and an Android phone can be hooked up at the same time. I did notice though, that if the z150bh is started initially with an iPod connected you can not select Android in the App Mode settings. If this happens, the z150bh must be reset without the iPod connected and the Android phone set up in App Mode BEFORE connecting an iPod.

Also the usb connector for Android is built into the MHL adapter and is for charging and doesn't use the same as the iPod/iPhone adapter. There is also a separate usb for charging on the rear of the z150bh.

Thanks, I know I could have just tried everything I stated, which I did.

I can say the IU230 did not work for me and my Classic iPod.  In fact it almost froze it up.  Secondly, the Android phone harness must be needed because a Samsung MHL and regular HDMI cable would not work, unless I needed to give the phone a power source possibly, but wasn't taking it that far.  Too bad, but oh well.  I actually took back the Pioneer Android cables because they didn't work well with my Note 2

Yes you can use any MHL adapter to HDMI cable..as long as it outputs video,  In my case I have a S4 and I needed the newer MHL from Samsung

As far as charging...Yes I needed to also connect a standard micro usb charger to side of new mhl to get it to work properly and charge...that is the only way to get it to work and charge since you are plugging the mhl into same port on phone.