AVIC411.com

nav fit for vehicle

does anyone know if a z110 all the way up through z150 (since they are all physically the same) will fit in a 2009 Chevy Suburban ? 

I own an avic z110 that is in a 2005 GMC Yukon XL and am in the process of trading it. 

didn't know if anyone out there has a z unit in an 09 suburban

thanks so much

they are all double din radios to they are physically the same size.  should be fine in a chevy, 

Yes if you are removing double din and replaceing it with one chances are Yes ! I own a GM truck and you have more than enough space.

Depth is likely going to be the deciding factor. I don't think the DIN spec includes depth, so it's up to the individual mfg as to how much space they allot.  Some stock radios may be very shallow (meaning their dash cavities may not be that deep), and I believe most nav units are in the 6-7" deep range.

One other consideration is fan placement on the head unit.  The depth of my stock radio and z130bt replacement were fairly close -- however the fan on the stock unit is recessed whereas the fan on the z130 sticks out.  That means in a tight install the first thing on the back of the radio to get blocked is the fan!  Not a great design.   Fortunately I have almost an inch of space to the padded rear cavity wall so I think I'm okay ... at least no thermal shutdowns yet ...!

• 2 weeks later...

@ felixgun -- yeah I've validated that the z150bh will def. fit in to my suburban.   I just ordered a z150bh and it finally arrived yesterday via ups.   i'm having it installed on Monday so looking forward to it.  you should enjoy yours as well in your avalanche -:) 

• 2 weeks later...

they are all double din radios to they are physically the same size.  should be fine in a chevy, 

For what it's worth, Crutchfield's website said that my AVIC-Z150BH wouldn't fit in my 2005 Grand Prix.

The "double DIN" refers to the radio opening size. Length and width should be fine, it's depth that may get ya. 

The best thing to do is to take your OEM radio out...don't unplug it or you may trigger the Theftlock feature...then measure from the lip of the radio opening in the dash to the closest obstruction. Make sure you allow for cooling, wiring bundles and any adapters you might need for steering wheel controls and whatnot. My Grand Prix has an about 1 1/2 by 6 inch opening between the radio and the side of the dash that goes all the way back to the firewall. I can shove that stuff back as far as the harness will allow me.

Your mileage may vary.