AVIC411.com

Pioneer has been getting worse and worse every year. I have been watching this happen I work at the largest electronics store in the world, I have been installing pioneer radios for the past 13 years. I used to recommend their stuff but after seeing what they have been doing the past 3 years, I tell all my customer to purchase Kenwood alpine, sony, even though I have an avic z140 in my truck which I regretfully replace my avic z110 with. Their support team suck I have email them several times about different things and have never, never even got a response. I guess they think they are to good to speak with a simple customer what they didnt know is that Im not a customer but a retailer that has alot of control over their product which I am telling people not to buy any more.Then new avic x850 doesnt even come with a usb that makes no sense at all their lower end radio come with a damn usb. WTF.

Just because pioneers customer service sucks doesn't mean the products sucks. I for one have been blessed to own an appradio and am probably speaking for many other forum members here. Yes they are not perfect but for 250 bucks i dont think you can find any other radio that does all of this. Plus you are probably not taking full advantage of the mirroring feature. Name another radio that can mirror your iphone or android with full touch support. I understand your frustration but dont come in here bashing pioneer, we are all here as appradio fans, if you want to bitch take it to the appradio forums

I wasnt referring to your precious  cr app radio I was  referring to the avic x940bt which costs about 800 bucks imagine opening your  800 dollar radio and it doesnt even come with a damn usb imagine that. Then you find out oh I want a usb booom nother hundred dollars. Im not some person that has messed with my personal radio I install and service these things for a living I deal with this stuff day in and day out so you probably have no room to talk about pioneer when I have installed thousands of them. And yes I have the top of the line pioneer radio in my truck right now and have owned plenty of them pioneer used to be good all I am saying is the are falling off, and I have been watching it happen the last three years. 

LOL, how funny. For a guy that's been installing pioneer radios his whole life and knows a lot more than we know you would think he would at least know how to spell. Maybe you shouldn't have spent $800 dollars on a HU, when my "Crappradio can do as much as yours and probably more.

I would like to add my 2 cents before this thread gets locked.

As far as what does and does not come with a USB or what ever, this is the reason for so many choices and price ranges on radio head units. One shops before one buys looking for features and compares cost. I bought an avic x950bh. Love the radio. Price range ran from $700 to $950. I am still learning the radio coming from an avic x930bt. I can't get the caller ID to work despite following the directions and can't find a mph reading on my gps like I could on the older radio. I don't think pioneer sucks and love their products.

Those prices must be at Pioneer's website as the dealer I bought my X940BT from last year charged me $500 and the same guy this year for my X950BH charged me $550. The adapter kit, I.E. face plate was $50 or something but the newer one needed the interface unit for my HHR so the steering wheel controls would work and the antenna adapter also. Forget what those cost? I think he charges more if they install it for you but every time I have been there, there seems to be 4 or 5 cars getting worked on.......I think the problem with Pioneer is they pay their support folks very low and they only work there long enough to get their resume punched and move on, just as they have learned some stuff! I see that in the computer field all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

for the record, anybody that bought this unit thinking this had a USB is because they are an idiot. they apparently cant read the specs...

would you also like an IP -Bus connector so you can hook up your 10 disc changer?

they did it on purpose... usb doesn't work for android, iOS needs a special cable, using flash memory is terrible, but you might as well just use microSD cards if you want to. they are pushing toward using BT and to use their supported partnerships (cough cough Pandora)  if you really need it that badly, then you can buy the optional part...

do yourself a favor, using physical storage is becoming the fax machine, embrace the cloud.

• 1 year later...

If anybody is still following this, I don't understand? I have a X940BT and it has a USB connection. It's on the end of a cord tucked into the glove compartment but that hasn't been an issue to me. The only thing I use it for is memory sticks and I seldom change it. It has enough music to last me from Florida to Minnesota and back again. It wasn't  an option that I know of. It was just there! The last Pioneer Avic I had was the same.

Again? What am I missing here?

But I will agree, the options on various models is a virtual mine field for the customer. Which model has what? You pretty much get to see what the dealer has on the self. For the record, I'm happy with Pioneer. The only thing better is Ford Sync. Obviously that isn't always an option.

• 2 weeks later...

Again? What am I missing here?

you have a 940, in this thread we are talking about an 850...

long story short, with the newer avics, instead of having a usb cable that come out of the radio, there is a special connector. they make different adapter kits to plug into this connector, iPhone, Android, and yes USB are all seperate adapter kits that you need to buy extra if you want to use them. depending on the phone, you may need another adapter (or two) to use the adapter though...