AVIC411.com

replacing avic d3 with avic z110bt in a 99 acura cl

hello good people of avic411

i have, what seems to be, a simple question.  did a quick search of the forums and didnt see anything that pertained to what im about to ask.  

recently i had purchased an avic z110bt off of ebay (already by passed with all the harnesses and wires that come with this unit.).  the unit is in great shape and surprisingly the wires are as well.  the guy who i bought it off of said that he had recently taken it out of his vehicle and when he was using it, it had no problems what so ever.  it even has the most recent software update for it.  im pretty excited to get this thing in so i can check it out.  

my question is simple really.  would i still be able to use the power harness from my avic d3 for the avic z110?  or would i have to take out the avic d3's power harness and rewire the avic z110's power harness to the car.  when i asked the guy, he said it would just be a straight swap other than the harness where all the rca cables come out of.  but for some reason i feel theres more that needs to be done.  

i apologize if my post doesn't make any sense (or if im not explaining what i actually want in more detail). but im hoping atleast some of you have gone through this same swap in your vehicles (if not the same vehicle as i have)

thank you in advance

mark

• 2 months later...

Did you ever find out if that would work? I'm on the exact boat as you man, except my Z110BT didn't come with any harnesses, wires, or cables. Looking online for those cables........they look pretty expensive.

Let me know if you found a solution.