AVIC411.com

Weird intermittent screen issue SPH-DA02

Hi guys

I've not had my SPH-DA02 long but since I've had it I get an issue every now and then.  

When plugging in my iPhone 4 it (sometimes) shows the iPod section and the Apps section with a blur of messed up graphics. I tried to get a photo but of course it needs my phone to create the issue, so I will have to borrow a phone to take the photo. It almost looks like the LCD is broken but the home screen and bluetooth section is fine.

Also I can still play music and use the phone.

It tends to happen in the morning. Almost every morning in fact. 

So I thought, perhaps it was temperature related. But it happened yesterday afternoon too.

Any ideas please?  :-D

It sounds like there is a problem with your connection. Check your port on your phone. Especially since you have a 4 I'm guessing you've had it a while. Your port may be filled with gunk. clean it and see if that fixes your issue. If not that then maybe your cable is failing. How long have you had the unit?

See that's the first mistake. Always do it yourself. When you have someone else put it together you won't know why something could be going wrong when something wrong. 

Danny some people are not capable or just don't want to do the work themselves.

Hi guys

I've not had my SPH-DA02 long but since I've had it I get an issue every now and then.  

When plugging in my iPhone 4 it (sometimes) shows the iPod section and the Apps section with a blur of messed up graphics. I tried to get a photo but of course it needs my phone to create the issue, so I will have to borrow a phone to take the photo. It almost looks like the LCD is broken but the home screen and bluetooth section is fine.

Also I can still play music and use the phone.

It tends to happen in the morning. Almost every morning in fact. 

So I thought, perhaps it was temperature related. But it happened yesterday afternoon too.

Any ideas please?  :-D

I have mine for a month and sometimes the iPod and Apps sections don't "light up" when the cable is connected. No reason why. Cable is good. Connections behind HU were checked. I find that turning off the car and trying again in 15 minutes fixes it but like I said it doesn't do it all the time.