AVIC411.com

I bought the z140bh not too long ago, I found the answer to my first issue here, but now I've stumbled again.

although I got video working on an SDHC card, the video does not play to the rear monitor, I get only a solid blue screen.  I wasn't sure if this was by pioneer design or not (if so, its a foolish design flaw!)

since we know a standard DVD video disk will output to the rear monitor I took the same mpeg 4 files from the SDHC chip and burned them to a 4.7 dvd-r.  however the z140 won't play those the same files from disc.

I am thinking there are different requirements for video files on disc compared to sdhc.  does anyone know the requirements for video files on disc? 

or MOST preferably, if its possible to play mpeg4 from sd to a rear monitor?

I know someone is going to ask about using an ipod/iphone/ipad but quite honestly I don't want the hassle of syncing to itombs everytime I want to change media content.

Do a search for this question; its been discussed many times.

Quick Reference:

• Can you play ANY videos from SD card to the rear screen?      NO!!!!!!! ==> this is by design from Pioneer
  • Playable file-format is different between SDHC & DVD?            YES!!!!! ==> see manual

AVI/DIVX files work well from discs.

MP4 files work well from SD card (but the format is finicky).

I eventually used the iPhone for video storage mainly because I can send the video to the rear.  I stream Netflix, as well as my personal media from home, to the rear monitors.  The RCA AV input video can also be sent to the rear monitors.