AVIC411.com

2 AppRadio 3 Announced on Site

I really hope they release an update for the 2. 

I like this part of the site:

Continue to use the streaming music apps you love on-the-go with AppRadio 3. With more and more selections like Rdio® and iHeartRadio®, you’re sure to find the music you’re looking for without having to store it on your device. AppRadio 3 helps keep you connected to your music.

Rdio dropped support yesterday.

And they still don't allow a permanent setting to mix radio with AppMode.  How annoying!

I think the reasoning is if you wanted to use one of the many music apps, you'd have the radio mixed in, which doesn't sound pleasant. I would think 99% of users are more into their own music rather than terrestrial radio, so the way it is suits most of us. But I guess it would be nice if we had a choice to lock it however we want. 

I think the reasoning is if you wanted to use one of the many music apps, you'd have the radio mixed in, which doesn't sound pleasant. I would think 99% of users are more into their own music rather than terrestrial radio, so the way it is suits most of us. But I guess it would be nice if we had a choice to lock it however we want. 

Yes, I think it should be an option - it shouldn't be forced on people.

I liked the AppRadio units because they were "mech-less" and had a flat / flush screen on the front.  With the AppRadio 3 including a CD/DVD drive and having that underbite (the part jutting out at the bottom that has the buttons), it looks more like one of their AVH units...

They finally replied my email:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

Firmware updates are typically still provided for our discontinued models, but we have no information at this time on future updates for AppRadio 2.

Sincerely, 

Mark
Customer Service Representative