AVIC411.com

2 AppRadio 3 Announced on Site

They finally replied my email:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

Firmware updates are typically still provided for our discontinued models

This is a lie. I have been following Pioneer's products sense 2006 on this forum and they have never offered a firmware update once a unit is discontinued. They have only offered map upgrades for the navi units at a cost which do add updated features from the current line in the series and only if the current unit shares the same hardware unit as the previous in the series. That is the only thing that leads me to believe they may offer an AR3 update or upgrade to AR2 owners. If they don't, you likely wont see any future firmware releases for the AR2.

This is a lie. I have been following Pioneer's products sense 2006 on this forum and they have never offered a firmware update once a unit is discontinued. They have only offered map upgrades for the navi units at a cost which do add updated features from the current line in the series and only if the current unit shares the same hardware unit as the previous in the series. That is the only thing that leads me to believe they may offer an AR3 update or upgrade to AR2 owners. If they don't, you likely wont see any future firmware releases for the AR2.

Well yes and no. The DA-01 continued to get updates well into the Appradio 2's life. However in that case the Appradio 1 was still being made but as the DA-02 unit. However technically yes it was getting updates after being discontinued. Now you are right that the second the DA-02 was discontinued we stopped seeing any updates at all.

How they will treat the DA-100 will be very interesting. Once again the DA-110 is the same unit more or less as the DA-100. They just have a newer firmware running on it but hardware wise it is identical. The DA-210 is not. It is a new unit. We shall see what pioneer does.

I guess we all have a few options here.

A.) Wait a few months for Pioneer to release an official firmware update for our DA100 units that would upgrade them to DA110. As Ive done with previous models like my 920BT that has been upgraded to a 940BT.

B.) Go out buy a DA110. Extract the firmware off of the device. Make a deployment package for us DA100 users and we would have it before they release it.

C.) Go out and buy a DA110. Swap serials with the units since they look the same anyways, and return it for a full refund and a new DA110 unit. lol

The first choice being the most practical, the second choice may take some time and patience. The third is pretty much what I am guess you all will do anyways if Pioneer decides to turn a blind eye to the DA100 community.

support for BT audio streaming and Siri Eyes Free. nice..

uses the same CD-IH202 kit for iphone 5 connectivity...meaning an HDMI cable for A/V, and the standard lightning-to-USB cable (provided w/ your phone) for charging and data, both plugged into the Apple "Lightning to Digital AV Adapter". would be nice if Pioneer could do everything they needed to do w/ a single Lightning cable, but i suspect theyre going w/ the two-cable solution since Android devices require the HDMI anyway. meaning, less work for Pioneer. not very clean tho.