AVIC411.com

z140bh and droid

If you are willing to root your phone you can buy and run an app called "ARLiberator". I have the same hardware you have. You need the app which is $34.99 and a cable which goes from the mini HDMI port on your droid into the USB cable which feeds to your stereo. This has worked on app2 radios. I am trying to find out if it will work on our avic's. go to the google play store and search for the app. There is a video there which shows what it does. Pretty cool stuff.

Ok, I did some more research and it looks like the idea I mentioned above will not work on any AVIC except for the 150 due to a new design. Too bad, because the ARLiberator app lets people with compatible equipment access and use a mirror image of their droid right on the pioneer head unit screen

OP, it isn't clear from your question if it is about playing video files off your phone, or if you want to play streaming video - like YouTube.

If you want to play files (DivX, WMV, MPEG4, H.264), I have an idea.

I haven't tried this with my phone & HU, but when I connect my android (jelly bean) phone to any USB I get a message on the phone with a button to "Turn on USB storage". If pressed (followed by "OK"), the phone emulates a USB storage device. So, I wonder if you tried this with the HU USB cable (and the appropriate USB mini/micro adapter cable), it would look to the HU as a USB drive. If so, you could navigate to the folder where you video files are and play them (if they are in the correct format). Just an idea.

Of course, this only accesses the phone's SD storage. So it would be just as easy to just put your videos on an SD and insert it into the HU.

• 1 month later...