AVIC411.com

Hi everyone! I have not been on this site since the days of the pre release of the Avic F90BT. I still currently have it and it is running smooth with a few hickups.

Recently the HD radio stalls, so I use the FM radio instead. Minor and just started a few weeks ago.

No I am looking to upgrade the software and noticed a hybrid v4 floating around. I currently have the http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/27807-fx31-complete-firmware-image/ FX3.0 with some 2012 maps I found some time ago and the updated windows ce that is included in the link above.

My question is can I outright install the hybrid 4.0 found here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36245-hybrid-40-avic-f900bt/? right over my FX3.0?

And does anyone have new US 2013 maps that can lead me to a link so I can update my older maps?

I really appreciate the help everyone.

• 1 month later...

I don't know how to directly answer your question, but all the tutorials I've seen require you to format the flash drive before installing an update. So it wouldn't be on TOP of your 3.x install, it would format then install the new version... then you just copy/paste the other files.

Hybrid 4.0 worked fine for me on my F700BT (US) with Q4 2012 maps/dem/poi/building files.

Hi Guys,

I am a UK (Eur) user, and to be honest I am totally confused having read a million and one articles.   So hoping someone can clarify for me please.   I have the AVIC F900BT which has the orginal V2 software on.

I have downloaded the "Hybrid V4" and added the "2012 Q4 Maps".   Is it just a case of inserting this SD card and following the instructions as per the Release V3,0 Guide ?

Or can anyone just give me a simple bullet point list of what the process is.

Much of the difficulty has been downloading files, these are some years old now and many of the links are defunct, but still a great site for information on the AVIC.

Thanks

G