AVIC411.com

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Just passing on my experience in updating my X940BT maps. It may help others although I'm not sure this is the best page to do so. I noticed that many have issues with reading the card, or the unit not seeing the card. I bought my update on Ebay. I've done this several times and always had good luck. This time, not so much.

I was in a hurry to get the update as I was intending to make a very long summer trip so I asked the seller if it was possible to download the files. Which after numerous emails came to pass. In unpacking the zip file on a brand new 4 gig card, a certain file threw up a error. Hitting the try again button it seemed to move on normally. But when I executed the upgrade, the unit hung with a box stating the wrong card was installed and to insert the correct card. It simply hung right there with no option but to restart the unit which then produced what most here referred to as a "bricked" unit. I was nervous to say the least.

To make this as short as possible, I believe my problem was simply the formatting of the SD card. With NTSF which is how this new card came, the unit would not see it at all. With FAT, it hit the same error message and the unit would hang at the same point. Once I formatted the card to FAT32, the files unpacked normally and the unit started and upgraded normally.

I have not seen many posts mentioning the card formatting. I think it is critical. Pioneer apparently hasn't got around to the modern file structures yet. Hopefully this helps.

By the way. The update I purchased on Ebay is exactly identical to the update offered on this site. Right down to the brief instructions.  So, pay attention folks.

Ok heres da problem i was having issues wit my z120bt shutting down and restartin tried to super test mode didnt realize da condi hack was in da download loaded on my unit now i got da dreaded "there is no applicable program" message on da screen did what everybody was say do just cant paste da new folder to my user file on my unit da paste button is blocked out cant select it please help i use my truck every day cant keep listenin these cds in it need my saalite radio back lol 

• 1 month later...

Perhaps

Hello,

I have a problem in the last step when I try to copy the file from the microSD card to the AVIC, I can select the file and choose the option "copy" and when I try to "paste" it in the AVIC, the "paste" option is not available.

Any idea about what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Make sure you have the latest TESTMODE.key file. It can be found in some thread (aka search!)

I don't know how, but i've done it and I have solved the problem, the AVIC is already working!!!!!!!!!!!!

I managed to copy and paste the file, I think doing it the same way I did it yesterday but today it worked.

Thanks Lyverbe for your huge help, without it I wouldn't have been able to solve the problem.

• 2 months later...

I just got the "there is no applicable program" screen after running Condi's hackmode 2.x. After doing a search, I didn't find a concise means of reverting back so I disected the installer and came up with the following:

Using Super TestMode

As with any mods to your AVIC, the following is at your own risk.

I was successful doing the following on my X930BT (updated to X940BT)

Step 1

From a PC create 2 directories on a SD card:

PRG0 and PRG1

Copy the Super Testmode.KEY to the root of the SD card

Step 2

With the SD card in your AVIC boot into Testmode

VERIFY THAT THE FOLLOWING FILE EXISTS: USER\PRG0\APL\AV1.EXE

If it doesn't, do not continue!

COPY USER\PRG0\APL\AV1.EXE and then paste into the PRG0 directory on the SD card

If the following files exist:

COPY USER\PRGx.FLG to the SD card

COPY USER\PRG1\APL\AV1.EXE and then paste into the PRG1 directory on the SD card

Turn off your AVIC and take the SD card back to your PC

Step 3

From your PC

Rename PRG0\AV1.EXE to AV.EXE

Rename PRGx.FLG to PRG.FLG

Rename the PRG1\AV1.EXE files to AV.EXE

Step 4

With the SD card in your AVIC boot into Testmode

DELETE the following files on your AVIC

USER\PRG0\APL\AV.EXE

USER\PRG1\APL\AV.EXE

USER\PRG0\APL\AV.MSCR

USER\PRG0\APL\COMMCTR1.DLL

USER\PRG0\APL\CORED1.DLL

USER\PRG0\APL\KILLPROC.EXE

USER\PRG0\APL\MORTSCRIPT.EXE

USER\PRG0\APL\TOOLHEL1.DLL

COPY the following files from the SD card to your AVIC

SD\PRG0.AV.EXE to USER\PRG0\APL\AV.EXE

SD\PRG.FLG to USER\PRG.FLG

SD\PRG1.AV.EXE to USER\PRG1\APL\AV.EXE

If you have followed the above exactly, your AVIC should be back to the way it was before the HACKMODE

I did everything step by step and still wont past the first screen I need help please
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After install of Condi's Hack Mode, my f30bt didn't want to boot anymore.

Here is a modified script for uninstalling this hackmode.

Put these files on an usb or sd drive and start your device. :)

gweny

gweny - Man, thanks so much for posting this fix!!! Worked like a charm on Condi's hack mode which I had to use to recover my password in a recent re-install of my x930bt....   Struggled with it for a while and I am not a computer dummy :x , but there is something about Win CE that makes me say brrrrr! Owe you, dude!