AVIC411.com

Is there a consensus on mic placement for Bluetooth?

I've seen many comments on the best places to put the Z1 mic for the Bluetooth use to work "properly" and wondered if there was anything resembling a consensus on where to put it?

My install is coming up and I wanted to try and get it right the first time as I assume trying to move it around later will be difficult...?

I have a Mazda CX-7 so I'm imagining the interior space is more akin to an SUV rather than a car...

Thanks!

Mine is between the driver's side window and the driver's side visor... in the A piller (if that's what it's called). The person's voice on the other end is coming out of my right speaker. I have had numerous complaints and I have performed the bluetooth update CD with little (but some) improvement.

I was hoping to be able to use this to make business calls while I am driving, but I can't call my clients with the echo, echo, echo......

A Pillar!

CIMG0181.jpg

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36130

Check out my install I report absolutely NO Echo from my callers. My volume has been set to such a loud volume at 5/6, I had to reduce it a bit.

But at all volumes, I have no echo at all!

I did the CD update and I believe that it really fixed the issue. But however, I did take the extra precaution by setting my volume to the lowest setting on my phone before the initial pairing for the first time during the phone registration.

But for me, this bluetooth is truely flawless and feels very OEM.

• 1 month later...

Howd you install that through you pillar with the side airbag? I have the same setup, but am afraid of accidentally setting of the side pillar air bag.

A Pillar!

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36130

Check out my install I report absolutely NO Echo from my callers. My volume has been set to such a loud volume at 5/6, I had to reduce it a bit.

But at all volumes, I have no echo at all!

I did the CD update and I believe that it really fixed the issue. But however, I did take the extra precaution by setting my volume to the lowest setting on my phone before the initial pairing for the first time during the phone registration.

But for me, this bluetooth is truely flawless and feels very OEM.

Im getting this installed in conjunction with my z2 as well (this Friday actually), but I have absolutely no clue how it works. Do you put your phone in "bluetooth" mode or something, and then call using your voice? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but im really new to this bluetooth stuff (with the exception of the xbox 360).

I have a sanyo m1.

here's the deal guys... Lets assume you have loaded in Pioneers Bluetooth update CD...

You will recieve an "echo" if your microphone picks up it's own sounds. It's called feedback. An although it won't ring like the Jimi Hendrix feedback you're thinking of, IT WILL take a fraction of a second for the sound to be projected and picked back up by the microphone for your friend to hear. That is the echo.

So A solution to help with that is to have the microphone facing away from the speakers. Point it towards to center of the car. Also, keep your volume at an adequate level, if it's too loud the microphone will obviously pick up the amplified signal and you or your friend will hear the echo.

here's the deal guys... Lets assume you have loaded in Pioneers Bluetooth update CD...

You will recieve an "echo" if your microphone picks up it's own sounds. It's called feedback. An although it won't ring like the Jimi Hendrix feedback you're thinking of, IT WILL take a fraction of a second for the sound to be projected and picked back up by the microphone for your friend to hear. That is the echo.

So A solution to help with that is to have the microphone facing away from the speakers. Point it towards to center of the car. Also, keep your volume at an adequate level, if it's too loud the microphone will obviously pick up the amplified signal and you or your friend will hear the echo.

I have done all of this and still have major problems with echo.

I also installed mine in the A-Pillar.

The D3 has an echo cancel setting on it. It's defaulted to on. I cranked up the audio volume quite loud and my caller had no idea I was on a speakerphone and there was also no echo.