AVIC411.com

z150bh ipod and android @ same time?

I have had my iPod connected with the cable and my droid razr phone connected by Bluetooth at the same time on my z120 running z140 software but I don't think you can connect two devices by using a splitter on the cable

I was referring to the Z150, it has separate cables for an ipod and an android phone. I just don't know if they can be attached and used at the same time. Thanks.

To answer my own question; yes, both CAN be hooked up at the same time. I couldn't get my phone(Android) to work at first,

I had my iPod hooked up when I tried to initially set up App mode (Android grayed out). I had to reset the Z150bh and set it up without my iPod connected.

After that, I can use my Android phone in App mode and my iPod for music and videos.

Pioneer tech support (email) said it wouldn't work.

To answer my own question; yes, both CAN be hooked up at the same time. I couldn't get my phone(Android) to work at first,

I had my iPod hooked up when I tried to initially set up App mode (Android grayed out). I had to reset the Z150bh and set it up without my iPod connected.

After that, I can use my Android phone in App mode and my iPod for music and videos.

Good! I get my cables tomorrow and that's exactly how I planned to set mine up.

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on upgrading my Z130 to the Z150 for this very setup. I want to use my iPhone strictly for music while my Android will be used for App Mode.

I was wondering how did you go about hooking the system up so I can make sure I have the installer does it right. From the looks of things online it appears that there is only one USB port and one HDMI port on the rear of the AVIC.

Did you hook up the Android phone to the HDMI port and the iPhone to the USB port on the rear of the Pioneer Navi? Also, will album art be displayed on the headunit if the iPhone is only connected using the USB cable?

Thanks.

I'm planning on upgrading my Z130 to the Z150 for this very setup. I want to use my iPhone strictly for music while my Android will be used for App Mode.

I was wondering how did you go about hooking the system up so I can make sure I have the installer does it right. From the looks of things online it appears that there is only one USB port and one HDMI port on the rear of the AVIC.

Did you hook up the Android phone to the HDMI port and the iPhone to the USB port on the rear of the Pioneer Navi? Also, will album art be displayed on the headunit if the iPhone is only connected using the USB cable?

Thanks.

The Android gets hooked up to the HDMI port through a MHL adapter. Apple products go through their own port. You need a special cable from Pioneer for that.

The USB port on the back of the head unit is for charging only...the MHL adapter.