AVIC411.com

Have an x850bt, pulled the radio out to make sure mute wire wasnt touching something.Sound was going in and out along with the eq "button". light would go out and volume would not work. needles to say i put the radio back in and its asking for a password. Im prett damn sure im putting in the right password as its on i knew i would remember. its not working.any ideas besides sending back to pioneer? want to get it working so i can see if i fixed the other problm.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else get TestMode working for the x850 yet?  I bought mine about a month ago from bestbuy and put a password on it when i tried taking the security panel on and off.  When i took out the radio to install the ipod cables i ordered, i forgot the password.... pisses me off, but I guess since im within the return policy i can just exchange my unit but i didn't wanna do all that I just wanna reset my password.

Thanks again if anyone else has some info.

It won't hurt to try.  If you use TestMode (v1.4), there's no way you can damage the unit just by loading the SD card into the system.  If it works, you can easily retrieve the password.  If it doesn't, you can then search for another method.

I figured it out!

There, to my knowledge is no other known method for the x850BT.  But the way I figured it out is as follows:

[FYI: I POSTED THE LINKS TO EACH THREAD I RESEARCHED BUT PROVIDED THE LINKS IN THIS HOW-TO SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BROWSE AWAY FROM THIS PAGE! =D ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 1: Get the right Testmode file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went here:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36681-avic-x50-hack-general-topic/?p=266663

and downloaded the link (testmode-x50v2.zip) pionara posted here:

nag screen removal will come later, first we must get testmode working !

ok this is attempt 3: attachicon.giftestmode-x50v2.zip

also, wondering if the hidden, in-app debug/service menus work on x50 series. Can someone try it out?

advanced topic: hidden debug menus

STEP 2: Get a functional testmode base.

1.   I visited this thread:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31534-condis-hackmode-v14-diskrw-gpsgate-textfiller-regeditor-with-reg-files-associated-updated-13062011/

2.   and downloaded the following link:

zip.gif  Condi's HACKMODE v1.4 BASE - INSTALL VIA TESTMODE.zip   5.32MB   6140 downloads

STEP 3: Extract the files onto the proper medium IN THE RIGHT ORDER.

1. I took the "Condi's HACKMODE v1.4 BASE - INSTALL VIA TESTMODE.zip" and extracted ALL of it's contents to a BLANK miniSD card.

2. I extracted the contents of testmode-x50v2.zip onto the miniSD card and OVERWROTE the existing testmode.key file.

STEP 4: Startup in TESTMODE and access the right file.

PATH:NAND\SYSTEM\SECURITY\SECURITY.DAT

1. I then removed the miniSD card from the computer and placed it into the AVIC-X850BT.

2.  I turned the vehicle in to ACC Mode/Started vehicle.

3.  The unit then successfully booted into testmode.

4.  I used the volume keys to navigate the menu and selected the File Maintenance option. 

5.  I used the volume keys to navigate to the FIRST NAND folder (it's after the HDD folders).

6.  I then navigated to the SYSTEM folder.

7.  In the folder is a SECURITY folder, select it.

8.  There should be several files in the SECURITY folder, among which is the SECURITY.DAT file, select it.

9.  Navigate to and press the appropriate key to "[TXT DUMP]" the file.

STEP 5:  Accessing your forgotten password.

1. Following the  "[TXT DUMP]" of the SECURITY.DAT file, the top left corner of the screen will supply you with 3 things: YOUR forgotten password, your password HINT, and a buncha shenanigans.

2.  I recommend taking and picture of that screen with your smartphone or other mobile device and then turning off your vehicle.

3.  REMOVE THE miniSD card!

4.  Turn your vehicle to ACC or turn it on.

5.  After your AVIC-X850BT boots, try to use the picture to interpret and input your password.

GOOD LUCK!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
On 5/19/2014 at 5:49 PM, Tomm said:

I followed this and was able to get the password recovered... however also wanted to note that updating the firmware to 1.06 also got rid of the password on turn-on anyhow along with a couple of other bugs i was having (including the keyboard becoming greyed out).

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-X850BT?tab=firmware

All it says to do is contact your local pioneer provider. Or is there something more?