AVIC411.com

I understand what he means. 

They fix this with the AppRadio 3 (and hopefully a future firmware update to the appradio 2). The unit in its current form does not support bluetooth streaming. With bluetooth streaming comes the ability to differentiate bluetooth signals, IE the difference between a phone call and a voice command. Currently whenever any voice command system activates on your appradio, the appradio thinks it is a phone call because it doesn't support anything else besides calls through bluetooth audio. 

Now with the updated firmware that the DA-110 has you will gain the ability to use siri in your car without having this problem. In fact pioneer actually supports Apple's "siri eyes free" system. It remains to be seen if these upgrades will come to the appradio 2. From what I have been told the appradio 2 is actually the same exact hardware as the DA-110 so it would just take a software/firmware upgrade to enable this functionality. 

Pioneer don't screw this up. Keep your users happy. 

• 3 weeks later...

I understand what he means. 

They fix this with the AppRadio 3 (and hopefully a future firmware update to the appradio 2). The unit in its current form does not support bluetooth streaming. With bluetooth streaming comes the ability to differentiate bluetooth signals, IE the difference between a phone call and a voice command. Currently whenever any voice command system activates on your appradio, the appradio thinks it is a phone call because it doesn't support anything else besides calls through bluetooth audio. 

Now with the updated firmware that the DA-110 has you will gain the ability to use siri in your car without having this problem. In fact pioneer actually supports Apple's "siri eyes free" system. It remains to be seen if these upgrades will come to the appradio 2. From what I have been told the appradio 2 is actually the same exact hardware as the DA-110 so it would just take a software/firmware upgrade to enable this functionality. 

Pioneer don't screw this up. Keep your users happy. 

I have tweeted, and left comments on Pioneers Facebook page, and they keep skirting the issue. I have a feeling we AR2 users are now nobodies. They will not answer any questions about an update allowing us to have the functionality of the AR3. I have gone and done a little more reasearch to find out that the AR3 does not come with ANY connection cables. That's right. NONE. I wanted to sell my AR2 and get the AR3 so i can stop waiting for the update. But then saw that the 3 does not come with any kind of connection cables for a phone. So no point in selling mine if i am going to screw the next guy getting it with no cables... This is a real piss off. 

Companies never comment on future development until there is a public announcement and the AR3 supports three different phone app standards now so they leave it up to you as to which cable set you need per your phone. Seems logical to me. I do agree they could have offered the same multi pin USB connection they ship with the AR2 sense its needed for both legacy and lightning connector iDevices. The built in USB on the AR3 units is used for Mirrorlink/Android devices only.