AVIC411.com

Z1, 2 and 3 question. Also, picture request

Please scroll down to post #10 as I will re open this thread...

Guys, I saw a Z1 or Z3 a couple of years ago and I was really thrilled with the multiple route feature that actually SHOWS all the different

routes in different colors at the same time, rather than you having to scroll through different routes.

Can someone please post a picture of this so that I can use to show people when I'm trying to explain what I'm talking about?

I talked to Pioneer some time ago and they told me that if I update the firmware on one of these units, I'll lose this feature. Is this true?

Why did they remove this feature on the Pioneer units and doesn't ANYONE else offer this?

I think this is soo much easier than having to press something to get the different routes.

Thanks

George

Guys, I saw a Z1 or Z3 a couple of years ago and I was really thrilled with the multiple route feature that actually SHOWS all the different

routes in different colors at the same time, rather than you having to scroll through different routes.

Can someone please post a picture of this so that I can use to show people when I'm trying to explain what I'm talking about?

I talked to Pioneer some time ago and they told me that if I update the firmware on one of these units, I'll lose this feature. Is this true?

Why did they remove this feature on the Pioneer units and doesn't ANYONE else offer this?

I think this is soo much easier than having to press something to get the different routes.

Thanks

George

You're in luck, I have pretty much stopped driving my truck that has my Z in it but I drove it to work today. I will go take a picture for you in a few hours.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went out to take a picture for you and realized I must have a different version than you saw in the past. I misread your post and didn't realize you're looking for something different than my unit does. I have to flip through the routes. Sorry about that :(

Hey look!!! WWZ isn't even out yet and someone already woke the dead!  :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys, I am again looking at a Z2 or Z3 but it's been soo long that I forgot most of the stuff I read about it.

The MAIN reason that I am considering this unit is the ability it had to show up to FIVE different routes

in the GPS and that it showed them right there and then on the screen, without any need to choose

a different route or click anything just to see the different options.

However, I also know they dont' make them and I'm wondering if this is a good idea. I saw a couple on ebay

and they were talking about updated maps from 2012. Can I update to the lasest maps and is it hard

and where can I get them?

Should I be worried about buying an old unit without warranty?

Someone on ebay was talking about the unit being updated to a Z3 which means nothing to me.

I remember that Pioneer did away with the multiple route option which I don't understand as it was an awesome option.

By the way, I bought a used unit a few years ago, sent it to a guy from the forum to upgrade for me and USPS f***ed it up

and refused to pay me. They are THIEVES by the way.

So, I still dont' have one of these.

Is there any other units out there that have the multiple route option?

By the way, how much should I expect to pay for a used one in great condition?

Hmm, I just realized that the unit that the USPS trashed was probably a 700BT unit which means, if I got one of those,

it was probably because it could be updated to the multiple route option. Anyone know?

Thanks

George