AVIC411.com

Hi so I'm looking to buy an AppRadio over the summer, preferably when the new AppRadio 3 comes out. I currently have an iPhone 4s but I am getting a new phone in October/November, and i am not entirely sure if I am getting another iPhone (5s or whatever comes out over the summer), or an Android (most likely Samsung GS4). I understand that for apps to work with the AppRadio I need the right cables, and since I will change phones in a few months, I will need to switch cables. Now that brings me to other questions...

I am certain I am buying the AppRadio 3 over the summer. But in order for apps to work with my current iPhone 4s, I will need to use that cable. Is it worth it to buy that cable to use until October/November and then buy another cable when I need to? Or should I not buy a cable at all and just make do with just the radio for a couple of months?

How much do these cables cost? Is it an easy installation? I am probably going to let Bestbuy do the installation. I understand I am just switching one cable so that is all I would have to pay for plus labor?

Also, for those of you who have the AppRadio, what OS works better with it? iOS? or Android? How is it with a jailbroken iPhone or ARliberator? This might lean me to pick one phone over the other. And how is it with just a regular iPhone or Android? Is it better if I Jailbreak it or add ARliberator?

I've seen videos on Youtube about people who have use a samsung allshare cast dongle with their S3 to do everything wirelessly. Is that an option for me? would it cost more?

And now that the AppRadio 3 has mirrorlink connectivity, is that compatible with either the iPhone 5(s) or the S4? How would mirrorlink work with the AppRadio? 

Sorry for all the questions this is my first post and I just really want to make the right choice.

im not an expert but i dont think MirrorLink is compatible w/ iOS devices....from what a read the other day only a certain number of android phones support it. but since the appradio3 uses the HDMI cable and Apple AV adapter, you may be able to mirror-display out to the head unit natively in iOS.

ive been using an iphone w/ my appradio 1. i really like the idea and goals of the head unit, but i feel Pioneer is crappy at software, and it shows in some places. the native ipod controls are god awful, so they released a stand-alone CarMediaPlay app to control music. uhh...why? why didnt they just make a better native ipod player in the head unit?? stuff like that. 

i plan on getting an appradio 3, since the appradio1 is pretty useless w/ an iphone5 and the appradio3 also offers better bluetooth support, now including streaming music. from what ive read, you dont need Pioneer's cable kit -- just the Lightning-to-USB iphone5 cable, an HDMI cable, and the apple "Lightning Digital AV Adapter" (Lightning-to-HDMI). the USB and HDMI cables both plug into the AppRadio and the apple adapter.