AVIC411.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious what iOS 7 will bring to 2014 Stereo's. This short audio clip let's you hear they are pushing ahead.
http://bloom.bg/1c8MWQA#ooid=p0MWxxZDo6fK7Y9RvG2nkRQXnAJTfZD2

While it's probably going to be pretty sweet, at the same time I'm nervous that things will be too locked down. (meaning we can't (or hardly) do anything while the car is in motion for our "safety") I bet they will require things to be made nearly impossible to use the parking break over-ride methods too. (requiring GPS/motion chip detection etc) There would be enough demand for stereos even if the elite power users complained and voted with their wallets.

Jailbreak + AppRadio Extensions gives us a nearly 6" iPad like device. (full iOS integration) Warnings/Welcome message mypass etc.

I hope people figure out how to jailbreak iOS 7 (AND hack the 2014 iOS Car Stereo's too)

Since this has a long way to mature, I think I'll be happy enough for some time to come on my AppRadio 3 and iPhone 5 (on iOS 6 to keep my jailbreak) I'll mess with iOS 7 on my iPad but I'm in no rush to give up jailbreak IOS6. (and lose extension ability)

• 4 weeks later...

I have an appradio 1 and an iPhone 4S. I updated to iOS 7 and when you plug the phone into the head unit it either freezes on the decks home screen or if it allows me to tap the apps icon on the deck it freezes on a blank screen. I had to hold the reset button on the deck to get it to do anything. I hope pioneer is coming out with a fix cuz I love my appradio and would hate to sell it.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I just got off the phone with technical support and she said they were still investigating the issues with the first appradio and ios7. Just to experiment, I took my son's iphone 4s, upgrdaded to ios 7 and plugged it in. It seemed to work just fine. Launched appradio app and launched pandora from within it and everything ran smooth. Also tried the map app and no errors what so ever. I need to download some more apps to his phone to test those as well.

• 1 month later...

I believe all what Apple asking from dash nav manifacturers is to allow them access to the touch screen digitizer controls so you would send the touch commands throu either a special pin in the phone connector or bluetooth/wifi channel, offcourse the video out from iphone will always be via dock HDMI connector as it has been but could be done on WIFI channels too, The idea of controling iDevice from another touch screen is not new it has been done years back see here and here and the latest is here. Offcourse Apple want to do it in a more manageable way.

There will be no more updates for AR1s.

thankfully you have been proved wrong!! :)

if they stop updating the platform then it will become "not fit for purpose" and consumer law states that that is a bad thing....even if outside of the 1yr warranty period.

It works like this. For the first four-five weeks you have a "right of rejection" - if the item you've bought breaks down, you can demand a refund.

For the next six months, you are entitled to replacement or repair of the goods. It is up to the retailer to prove there was nothing wrong with it if they wish to get out of having to do the work. And then after six months, there is still a duty to replace or repair faulty goods, but the onus is on you, the consumer, to prove that there was something wrong.

And the key time span is six years. That's how long goods may be covered by the Sale of Goods Act. It all depends on what "sufficiently durable" means. If a light bulb goes after 13 months, the consumer is not going to be overly gutted. If their washing machine goes after the same time span they are going to be livid.

JJ