AVIC411.com

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm using an ebay registration now, waiting on my enterprise activation to get approved. once that happens then sure.

I tried my iphone4 with iOS7 with AppRadio2 today and it just threw up an error on the head unit that I couldn't remove.

@xjohnx - how did you manage to get yours to work? Perhaps I am running old firmware?

• 4 weeks later...

Unless the App radio app is coded to take advantage of iOS7's in the car features there will be no support and I can assure the current version of the AR app has no support. You're going to have to wait before any info is available that this will ever be the case.

I have iOS 7 beta 2 on my iPhone 5 right now. I will have the new Appradio 3 210 model installed by next Friday. I will post updates about the compatibility of iOS 7.

EDIT: AppRadio app opens just fine. Suggested and installed apps appear in the app. Wallpaper can be changed, and under SNS Facebook and Twitter can be logged into 

• 4 weeks later...

I have iOS 7 beta 2 on my iPhone 5 right now. I will have the new Appradio 3 210 model installed by next Friday. I will post updates about the compatibility of iOS 7.

EDIT: AppRadio app opens just fine. Suggested and installed apps appear in the app. Wallpaper can be changed, and under SNS Facebook and Twitter can be logged into 

is the "iPod" button on the home screen still grayed out? 

Yes and always will be with a lightning device.

Even after reading the FAQs on iphone 5 and lightning cables, I'm still alittle confused as why it is that the ipod app is not showing up especially coming from a 2-3 year old Pioneer BT3200 that read everything from album art, song title, and controlled the iphone 5 through lightning cable from the BT3200's usb port located in the front of the unit. I understand that I can use the pioneer media player app but that's 2-3 clicks away and seconds of delay from playing my music vs the ipod button on the home page of the appradio. 

Im still alittle confused as why it is that the ipod app is not showing up especially coming from a 2-3 year old Pioneer BT3200 that read everything from album art, song title, and controlled the iphone 5 through lightning cable from the BT3200's usb port located in the front of the unit.

So you're not understanding why a three plus year old unit is not able to work with a device that was released less then a year ago in the same way as the devices before it???? Who releases products and is able to guarantee that their products will work with all future devices regardless of whether future devices change the standard to which past or currant product uses to communicate with such devices? No one!!! We are lucky Pioneer actually was able to come up with a solution at all for any product they released before the i5 changed the port standard.

Let me try to clarify myself. Previous to owning an appradio 3 I had a bt3200. When I had the bt3200 I also had an iPhone 5. I plug in the iPhone 5 into the USB port of the bt3200. The bt3200 was ABLE to display album art, song titles, and all the playlist in the bt3200 "iPod" menu. So why is it that when I plug in the iPhone 5 via USB to the appradio I do not get the same result. Get it??

The reason is because the AVH units were always designed to work digitally with audio traveling over the USB. The AR and AVIC units allowed analog audio only to travel over the 30 pin dock connector using RCA cables. Because of this the AR and AVIC units did not support any video type image over the 30 pin dock connector as the AVH units did. So what you get with the AVH indeed is music info but you still don't get any audio so whats the point? The bottom line is when Apple changed the port standard it rendered all units incompatible because they were designed around an older standard.

Good knowledge there, makes sense. I was under the impression that the appradio 3, being recently release, would design their connection based on the lightning port. Wonder if they will release a firmware update after ios7 is release making the whole process of getting your music alittle simpler, without a separate app. Thanks for the explanation.