AVIC411.com

Hello everybody, 

The unthinkable just happened to me. I was working on my car and had to unplug the battery for a little while. I finished then put the battery back. Everything worked fine for a few days until one night the radio screen did not come on at all. 

Heres whats going on:

1.- Turn car on.

2.- Radio fan and buttons light up.

3.- Screen stays off, no backlight, completely off.

4.- Buttons turn off after a short period of time.

5.- Radio shuts off entirely, and no music or anything ever played or displayed.

I have uploaded a video of my radio doing its thing that way it can speak more words than I can ever type.

Please help me out anyone, I have an 8 hour trip coming up and not having navigation and music will just make the trip that much more painful, not to mention I am so bummed out because this radio was so expensive...

Video:

Man that sucks.

Do this to see if we can get to the windows update screen.  Hold down the menu, eject, and  map button, while holding them all down press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds and then release only the reset button.  After a few seconds you should see a windows blue screen.  If you see that then contact me for a fix, If not then you need a screen repair.

UPDATE: 

I tried reformatting and installing windows from the service menu, I have both files copied to the root of the sd card, I pick the install from sd/mmc (format) option and it reads until 100% and nothing else happens, it freezes. 

I have tried some files that have worked for me in the past but still I cant get past the Reading:100% screen. 

What do I do from here? I know theres people out there that have had this same problem, How do I fix this?

Thank you...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...