AVIC411.com

New guy here.

How is it going, everyone?

A new here. Was advised to join this project to get more info on the AVIC units.. Am looking to get a z1 and was offered a 1500 for the brand new.. so was wandering if i can find a better deal somewhere or i should just go for that one.

Also, was wondering if i, perhaps, just should wait and get a z2? will it worth it?

The reason why i'm thinking about going for it is bigger screen, navigation and xm traffic(how well does it work, btw?), dvd playback (can it play divX and mpeg formats?) and mp3 playback.

ARe there any alternatives to these units?

Also heard that the z1 is not showing the EXACT location( is that true?) Does it store the adresses that user is searching for ? does it have the adress book?

thank you.

Welcome!

The AVIC-D3 will be out in just a few weeks,, and will be capable of playing mpeg and divx files. Also the D3 is NavTraffic capable and MSRP is $1000, which means it will be even cheaper than that , and MUCH cheaper than a Z1/Z2. The only downside is that the D3 only has a 6.5" screen :(

The D3 is double din. The N3 is single din. With the D3, you can plan a route, then remove the disc, saving the route into the internal flash memory, and put a dvd in. Or you can do what I did, and connect an external harddrive media player (hidden in my glovebox) that can play ripped DVDs, mpgs, divx, etc.

^^ only thing i don't like about the d3 is the fact that i'll have to swap disks back and forth to use the navigation...its not convenient.. and a smaller screen..

Like I said, you can save $1000 over buying a Z2, get a D3 with the 2007 maps, and then just spend $150 for the Avox External Harddrive Multimedia Jukebox. Mine is with 120GB harddrive. The Z1/Z2 has 30GB harddrive, of which only half is usable I believe.