AVIC411.com

Retaining factory overhead LCD monitor with the Z150BH

So I got my z150 and love it. It's definitely a huge upgrade from the z110. Everything works EXCEPT my factory drop down/overhead LCD monitor. I have a 2007 Chevy Avalanche and it came with the vehicle. I had the pro audio installer try to hook it up but he couldn't get it to work.

After doing a little searching on google, I found the PAC GMRVD on eBay which is an interface cable that works in conjunction with the OS-3 interface to retain the overhead Panasonic LCD monitor and IR factory headphone system.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAC-GMRVD-GM-DVD-Overhead-LCD-Retention-Cable-Harness-/310387778656

Does anyone here have experience with the PAC GMRVD cable or the PAC OS-3? I have the PAC OS-4 interface to retain Bose/Onstar already and after researching the OS-3, it seems as if it does the same exact thing as the OS-4. I'm just a little lost bc the GMRVD cables description specifically says the OS-3 is needed and I really don't want to have to buy the os-3 interface if the os-4 i already own will work. If anyone has done this or knows if I can use the OS-4 instead of OS-3 please let me know. Thanks in advance guys.

I don't know anything specific about those adapters, but from another new 150 owner, just because you don't have video doesn't mean that the unit doesn't work. I have two aftermarket screens in the rear and when I first installed my 150, I got no picture. I thought something was wrong or incompatible or disconnected or something. Turns out that the 150 is very finnicky/selective about what it shows to the rear screens.

Before buying any adapters or having anything re-installed:

1. Make sure the output for rear monitors is turned on.

2. Make sure you have the output set on a source (DVD would be safest for testing)

If you turn the rear monitor output on and then also set the source to show DVD's (of course after you've inserted a DVD and it has started playing and you can verify picture on the main head unit screen) then you can assume that there are some issues with interconnectivity between the 150 and your factory unit.

I would think all you'd need to do is make sure the unit has power and an RCA video input.