AVIC411.com

11-5 Pin MHL adapter

For anyone with a Galaxy S3 or other phone that uses the 11 MHL pin spec.  I found an adapter cable from MonoPrice PID 10019, this will fit on your phone with a case on vs getting the Samsung MHL adapter which may not fit on most phone cases, its also about half the price. 

I got mine yesterday and it worked with my X950BH.  I've only had about 20 minutes to play around with the app radio but it appeared that when I hooked it up and I got the appradio application connected everything was good.  Still need to figure out more about appradio in general but this was the missing piece in my setup.100191.jpg

No you have to use a MHL to HDMI adapter.  What this cable does is convert the 11pin MHL Spec of the S3 (assuming other newer Samsungs also use this) to a 5 pin MHL.  This allows the S3 to work with the Android cable set that is sold by Pioneer and older MHL-HDMI converters.

In you case you can just find a MHL - HDMI adapter for your model phone and run the HDMI into your HU if you have HDMI inputs on that model.