AVIC411.com

Thinking about swapping X920 for X950BH. Thoughts?

Hi all,

I have a X920BT that I just recently updated with the 2012 software.  However I'm still not happy with a lot of the interfaces on the X920 and I was thinking about getting a X950BH.  Here is a list of my wants/needs from a new head unit:

iPhone 5 compatibility - From what I understand the X950BH interfaces with the phone via it's HDMI interface, using the CD-IH202 cable.  I want to make sure that this cable will allow audio, video and App mode compatibility.

A decent SiriusXM interface - The Sirius interface on the X920 is garbage.  A 6inch screen showing 1 line of information at a time?!?.  It looks like the interface on the X950 is better.  

Compatible with my backup camera - Unfortunately I don't know what kind of backup camera I have at the moment, but I would like to make sure that the X950 has the same hook ups so I don't have to change that as well.

Live traffic/road condition updates - I drive about 50 miles a day for work.  I see that the X950 has the Navteq software.  I just wanted to know how often the traffic info was updated and how accurate it is.

TIA for reading this long post.  I'm hoping that some of you have the X950 and could give me some feed back.  Thanks.

Why not try updating your unit first, this is included in the map update.  The interface is much better and only takes 30 minutes off an SD card.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Map-Upgrades/NAVTEQ+2012+Map+Upgrade+for+AVIC-Z110BT,+AVIC-Z120BT,+and+AVIC-X920BT

You can also buy a video box that will give you iphone 5 compatibility.

I already updated to the 2012 software.  The interface didn't change that much to me.  The Sirius interface is still awful.  I could upgrade my X920 with the traffic tuner and the VGA cable/adapter that would make it work with my iPhone 5, but if I am going to lay out the money I would like to get a new unit, especially if the interface is better on the X950

I've had a X950BH for a little while and was talked into it by the shop I deal with as they had sold one when I went in and they wanted a test case. I found some pluses and minuses with it. I had to buy the iPhone two piece adapter cable that came stock with my X940 unit so I could run everything from a thumb drive. I found videos have to be exact in size, where the X940 seemed to be able to adjust the size? On the thumb drive I have about 4000 MP3 files and 250 videos and in the sub directory for MP3s I have the album art and it shows up when playing and switches if more than one album is in a sub directory. When in GPS mode the name and artist of the song is in a small bar at the very bottom of the screen, handy. The App Radio and other stuff works great and my wife or daughter plays with that if we go off on a trip.

So far I really like it.

No, I do not have satellite radio but if I signed up the interface and head unit should work. Everything else does very well, including GPS, On-Star, videos, MP3 songs, clarity of sounds, digital FM and even old fashion'd AM for traffic info in some places. I have my dogs as the start up splash screen which is neat. The blue tooth connects about immediately when I start the car, most times even before GPS connects.