AVIC411.com

Spending the last of my money.

Hi, i've just purchased a Honda CRV 2007. Im not a big fan of the Sat Nav and have been looking at the Pioneer Avic F940BT as the replacement.

I have been looking at Youtube videos trying to get a handle on using my Iphone 4s ( jailbroken ) with this unit.

Am I right that with the appradio extentions I should be able to use most of the apps from my phone on this unit?

Is it possible to use coverflow from the unit? 

I really dont want to buy this and be disappointed, Im looking to purchase within a week so ANY help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. 

Many thanks

Toomanygadgets.

As far as im aware, the appradio extentions doesnt work on the F930/40 series, its more for the sph-da100 type devices.

Also, i would looke to getting the much cheaper F930BT and just updating the software. The 930 is exactly the same hardware as the 940 but loads cheaper as its the older model but fully software upgradable to be the same as a F940 using this method here:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35601-cnsd-310fm-eu-2012-update/

Im just looking into the appradio extentions and support for the F930/40 but im 99.9% sure im right in that it doesnt work.

Hi everyone, thank you so much for the replies.  The more I look at this unit, the more i like it. One last question before I separate cash from wallet.

Are there any other sat nav 2din units I should be looking at that has the Iphone/Ipad apps connectivity that I should consider or is this my best bet?

I am right I can run either my tomtom, sygic, copilot software from the phone onto the dash?  

Can I ask for those who have the appradio running are there any other apps that I should consider adding. Ive just seen the EC Touch for appRadio which I thought was a nice touch.

Once again many thanks for the replies.

Toomanygadgets.

For me, the F930 was by far the best option, I managed to pick it up on ebay for £270 quid, plus the surround (for my Civic) and I added the rear view cam too.

I had a good look at various different models from the sph-da100 type devices to other makes and this for me really was the best.

Since installing AppRadio Extensions yesterday, I have had a good play with various apps and all seem to run fine on the head unit. The onlything i will say is nothing ever really runs full screen. Dash Command was quite a cool App i put on there but that requires the ODB2 wifi connector but its quite nice having GTR dials on the satnav. All a big gimmick but still nice to platy around with.

Other than that, I personally find the list of official app radio apps rather limiting.