AVIC411.com

Galaxy S4 and pandora not working together on x940bt

My x940bt worked beautifully with my galaxy s3 with pandora in app mode. Now I got an s4 and I can only get it to work in accessory mode once after the initial pairing. After that the x940bt keeps saying to check my phone when I can lawfully do so. I don't get why I am having these issues, is anyone else with an s4 having trouble? Any fixes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was hit/miss with my last phone (EVO 4G LTE) but the first time I tried Pandora with my Galaxy S4 it worked right away.  So I need test more, but related to the hit/miss in general...

My guess is that it has something to do with whether the Pandora app has already been launched or not, on the phone, since its last boot.  I don't know which makes it work (if having launched it prior helps, or having not yet launched it helps).  I'll do some tests.

But, yes, it did work with my S4 the one time I tried it.  The phone is on Android 4.2.2 with the L720VPUAMDL official OTA firmware.

It was hit/miss with my last phone (EVO 4G LTE) but the first time I tried Pandora with my Galaxy S4 it worked right away. So I need test more, but related to the hit/miss in general...

My guess is that it has something to do with whether the Pandora app has already been launched or not, on the phone, since its last boot. I don't know which makes it work (if having launched it prior helps, or having not yet launched it helps). I'll do some tests.

But, yes, it did work with my S4 the one time I tried it. The phone is on Android 4.2.2 with the L720VPUAMDL official OTA firmware.

I used to have a galaxy s3 and it worked every time. I have tried running it with pandora open, closed, and even already playing a song. It sometimes connects and sometimes it doesn't. I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why it connects only some of the time.

I just updated to the most recent version of the software for the verizon galaxy s4 and it seems like it works more often now but it's still not as bullet proof as the s3 was.

I've tried 3 other verizon s4's and one AT&T s4. All share the same Bluetooth issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the update of my S4 it has been working more frequently. Another thing I noticed is to make sure the unit boots up in any mode except blutooth or pandora, it seems like this allows the phone/unit to connect first, rather than trying to launch an app while connecting. Next time try powering off your car with the unit in am/fm mode, when you turn your car on allow time for the phone to connect to the unit, and then try to connect blutooth through the head unit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What your phone is doing is connecting in audio and not media. Kill that connection and restart with your Pandora upon the screen it will connect with media. Since the update as soon as I crank my truck it's coming on now.

Which update? The one that just came out around November 1st?