AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Retrieve your AVIC-X850BT's forgotten password .

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I recently purchased a used car that had the X850BT installed as after market. The dealer said that they did not have the password to use the device, since the battery was replaced. I was able to talk them down to what the original price was for the X850BT. I used the instructions and links posted and was able to recover the password without any issues. The process took me 5 minutes at the most from the time I downloaded the zip files.

A huge thank you for the perfectly detailed instructions.

I recently purchased a used car that had the X850BT installed as after market. The dealer said that they did not have the password to use the device, since the battery was replaced. I was able to talk them down to what the original price was for the X850BT. I used the instructions and links posted and was able to recover the password without any issues. The process took me 5 minutes at the most from the time I downloaded the zip files.

A huge thank you for the perfectly detailed instructions.

These posts make me wonder why anyone would set a password for their HU.

1. It doesn't deter a thief since he doesn't know it is passworded.

2. More than likely it will bite you in the ass when your battery dies and you can't remember.

3. The password is easily hacked - as in above.

I set mine once and got bit a year later. Luckily I wrote it down in the manual. After that I just deleted it.