AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Retrieve your AVIC-X850BT's forgotten password .

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah? Care to elaborate on how to delete this file? My X850BT has the enter password keys all grey (AKA disabled) and no amount of emergency brake signal manipulation matters. It is not a hardware issue and I am an engineer with 34 years in electronic systems. I can get "testmode" up but it has limited utility. I cannot find a utility that enables me to delete or copy anything. I am trying to decide to drop the unit in a dumpster or send it in. I don't give up easily but it is not hardware and it worked up until the last battery change in my truck. I even know the password. It is not a password issue, it is a software inhibit issue... Hackmode doesn't work.

• 3 months later...
El 14/9/2015 a las 10:55, BlakeStone dijo:

Supongo que su contraseña es BOTTOM o BOTTOMB

una publicación dice buscar en USUARIO no NAND

Además, use TXT DMP para ver el archivo.

sonda asi como dijistes y me funciono mi avic x950bh. gracias

yo lo copiaba todo y no funcionaba hasta q probe  asi quitando el utton me funciono

Edited by shul4620
correccion
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

3/15/2022

Placing Hackmode.Key & Testmode.Key allowed AVIC-X850BT to boot with File Maintenance Menu. Then using Volume up and down buttons on the radio face allowed navigation to NAND/System/Security menus, then reading out Security.Dat onto the screen revealed the password and reminder key.

Removing SD card boots radio which then was unlocked with the recorded password.

Worked as described above.

Pioneer wanted me to uninstaall radio, ship to them $18.00, the shop would unlock for a falt fee of $50, then free ship back to me.  I saved the $68.00 plus potential damages and other shipping cost.

Thanks to this site the radio is now operating as designed without lock.

WC Phillips

Dayton, Ohio