AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Retrieve your AVIC-X850BT's forgotten password .

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all THANK YOU I was not about to pay pioneer 80$ plus uninstallation/reinstallation fees for a 5 min fix not to mention shipping it all the way to california. I would like to add to this that when I did txtdump it didnt show me my password only my password hint ughh but after a little searching around i did find that it is also accessible in the binary dump the first line all the way to the right should be the password you set up ( minus all the . . .) in case that helps anyone else! 

is there any way you can do a video and show to me. Sorry im really confused can't really find it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As an engineer, I found this really cool. I could rattle around in the guts of the system. I have always found my AVIC-X850BT really unintuitive to operate. 

I forgot my password, it works. I cannot believe they store it as a simple plain text password but thank goodness they did. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I recently bought a used car and I had to replace the battery when I was prompted with this password issue.

My head unit model is AVH-X8750BT, how do I gain access to the SD card slot as it is behind the touch panel?

I do have  2x external USB ports but nothing happened when i inserted the sd card with an adapter.

Image result for AVH-X8750BT

With Regards,

Alex