AVIC411.com

AppRadio2 - Stuck in "TEST" mode and buttons not responding

Hi all. Got a bit of a weird issue with my AppRadio2. Using this with a 4s, and everything has been fine until now! 

Unit powers on this morning, and I hear lots of beeping. It had whacked itself up to full volume, almost as if the physical volume keys were stuck. 

Sadly, they're not. Although I can't confirm if they're responsive, all physical buttons on the unit are now not working. The touchscreen still works, but unless I want to touch Radio and blow my speakers then that's pretty pointless. 

I've also noticed a "TEST" in the top right hand corner. This was not here before these issues began, and should be viewable in the picture attached to the bottom.

I've tried the following: 
- Different phones 
- Power cycling the device 
- Removing and reseating all fuses 
- Software factory reset 
- Upgrading to 8.17 firmware (don't want to lose my iPhone4 functionality by going to 8.3!) 

Still, the issue persists, and is making the device unuseable. Pioneer support have shrugged their shoulders and fobbed me off with "out of warranty". The only thing I can think of is the recent hot spell we've had in the UK has fried something inside the unit! 

Anyone's ideas would be much appreciated! 

Many thanks, 
Rob

IMAG0615.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi have you solved the problem?

I have stuck in test mode didn't know to solved this.

Thanks

Hi all. Got a bit of a weird issue with my AppRadio2. Using this with a 4s, and everything has been fine until now!

Unit powers on this morning, and I hear lots of beeping. It had whacked itself up to full volume, almost as if the physical volume keys were stuck.

Sadly, they're not. Although I can't confirm if they're responsive, all physical buttons on the unit are now not working. The touchscreen still works, but unless I want to touch Radio and blow my speakers then that's pretty pointless.

I've also noticed a "TEST" in the top right hand corner. This was not here before these issues began, and should be viewable in the picture attached to the bottom.

I've tried the following:

- Different phones

- Power cycling the device

- Removing and reseating all fuses

- Software factory reset

- Upgrading to 8.17 firmware (don't want to lose my iPhone4 functionality by going to 8.3!)

Still, the issue persists, and is making the device unuseable. Pioneer support have shrugged their shoulders and fobbed me off with "out of warranty". The only thing I can think of is the recent hot spell we've had in the UK has fried something inside the unit!

Anyone's ideas would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Rob

IMAG0615.jpg