AVIC411.com

Hey folks, So i was just reading that with the 8.30 update I did when it was first released should have removed Pandora from the main screen? Now did i read this wrong?

I have seen multiple videos of people with AR2 and Pandora is NOT there.. Was wondering what was up? I have never used Pandora due to it not being available here in the Great White North(Canada)

Thanks!

From what I read, the 8.30 update (any version of appradio) for Europe doesn't have Pandora. The USA version does...You probably installed the American version. I also read that you can overwrite the US version with the European version but you can't go back untill Pioneer offers another newer update.

From what I read, the 8.30 update (any version of appradio) for Europe doesn't have Pandora. The USA version does...You probably installed the American version. I also read that you can overwrite the US version with the European version but you can't go back untill Pioneer offers another newer update.

Ok, thanks! I did install the american version. The Canadian website was always behind in being updated. Maybe tonight I will try the 8.30 update from the Canadian site, and see what happens. 

I am really hoping they have an update soon. I also really hope they are not going to leave us AR2 users in the dark. I am fairly certain the hardware inside the 3 is the same as 2, so why can't we have BT streaming and Siri Eyes Free? Pioneer is really slacking in adding apps too, or getting companies to make their apps compatible. 

I hear ya. I had the AR3 for a week (returned due to hardware issues) and the software update was def nice. a few little tweaks like the clock showing up when you hit the volume up was nice. The overall software is snappier too. No lag at all. I hope they release one too but they may not because the sph-da110 is pretty much the appradio 2 with new software, and from a business stand point it doesnt make sense to release an update for an older model when they are trying to sell "new" hardware for more money. At the end of the day its all about revenue.

I hear ya. I had the AR3 for a week (returned due to hardware issues) and the software update was def nice. a few little tweaks like the clock showing up when you hit the volume up was nice. The overall software is snappier too. No lag at all. I hope they release one too but they may not because the sph-da110 is pretty much the appradio 2 with new software, and from a business stand point it doesnt make sense to release an update for an older model when they are trying to sell "new" hardware for more money. At the end of the day its all about revenue.

Then that is bad business practice on their end. Yes make revenue. But you need to keep your customer base happy. I only bought this, not even a year ago. There should be quarterly updates, and new apps that work with it all the time. Why the hell would they expect someone who JUST bought an AR2, to run out and buy the exact same thing that has new software?! 

I totally agree with you but unfortunately pioneer isn't doing quarterly updates...and If you look at larger companies like Apple, they offer updates, but once a new model comes out the older models do not get all the same features. 

I hope they issue and update for AR2 but its likely we wont see it for a while due to the fact that no one is selling the spy-da110 which is primarily the ar2 with the update. What I predict will happen is that they'll roll out the sph-da110 and after a few months/once the sales slow down Pioneer will finally issue the update that we've been waiting for. But none of us will know for sure untill it happens.

and for anyone wondering...the software version on the AR3 is 8.02. There was another thread that stated the AR2 will be getting the "new" v9.0 . Makes me wonder what Pioneer is here. doesnt really make sense.

• 1 month later...

Here's a good question, what bitrate is Pandora music streaming via AppRadio?   Is it capable of 192 kbps if you're with Pandora One?

http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/84834-pandora-one

• Higher Quality Audio - Listen to Pandora at 192 kbps on the web or in the Desktop App

http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/articles/90985-audio-quality

Audio Quality
Pandora on the Web plays 64k AAC+ for free listeners and 192kbps for Pandora One subscribers. All in-home devices play 128kbps audio, and mobile devices receive a variety of different rates depending on the capability of the device and the network they are on, but never more than 64k AAC+.

I'm assuming we're stuck at 64k AAC+ since it's going through a mobile device unless there is a special exception Pioneer got through.   It seems pretty ok to me,  just putting it out there though.

"It sounds good/better... relatively. --To say 128k mp3 because AAC+ is hands down a better/much more "efficient" codec for low bitrates.....relatively speaking of course.   The sweet spot for AAC+ is 48k--(from a delivery standpoint). typically anything above 96k on the listening end ....the improvements (over mp3) are for the most part.... negligible.  Interesting, 48k over 64k."

Well yes I realize that (duh, doesn't hurt to explain it for everyone else) but yeah just curious about the quality and if maybe having the appradio gives the iOS a digital pass to stream higher quality to it vs standalone. Probably not just wishful thinking out loud I guess.