AVIC411.com

Installed!!!

Finally installed my Z1, only thing left is finding a place to mount the camera, which looks great by the way when I tested it, and the face plate. The face is not a smooth install and the Metra kit (99-5805) has disapointed me. It is causing problems when I need to open the face up, it is touching the Z1 face. Also I am lacking depth, story of my life, so it is sticking out a little and canted towards the passenger seat as well as not fitting properly as the instructions say. Everthing works though so luckily I live in a low crime area and have a decent alarm until I can figure out how to fix this issue. Any suggestions? I will post some pic's when I get a chance.

03 Ford F-150 Screw

Z1, Sirius, Ipod & Rear view Camera

Are you hitting the duct work for the heater when you are trying to put the deck in? If so, you may be able to heat it up some with a heat gun and gently form it to make room for your deck to fit. This was given to me as an option when I had my old truck and was looking at putting in a double din unit - just never got around to it. Now there is enough room in the dash of the new F150's to fit a console tv. Erik

I have an '05 F-150 FX4, 4 door and drilled the license plate. The hole landed right smack in the middle of the “O†in the numbers of my license plate. You really don't notice it unless you know it's there. I drilled it with a uni-bit (some call it a stepper bit). It landed dead center over the trailer hitch and also has a good rear view when changing lanes and backing up. Very handy! Backing up to the trailer is spot on and no more getting out to align the trailer.

The deck is bottoming out in the rear, I have plenty of room on the sides. I may have to drill the license plate bracket for a good location. I have seen it under the tailgate on the bed but it is too recessed and I am afraid of rocks and debris destroying the camera. I use my truck for it's intended purpose so I have to be careful to not put the camera in an easy place that it can become easily damaged.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't post any pics yet because I havn't figured out how to clean up the mount in the dash. I was hoping that someone whoe has one inthere F-150 would throw me a bone but noe so far. Otherwise it is a very, very simple install in this tyoe of truck. The wiring is right there, the parking brake sensor wire is a pain to get to but otherwise it is very easy and should only take a couple hours. I even ran the power from the battery throught a gromet located in the area behind the foot brake. All wiring went into the body where the door seals meet so like I said very simple. I will get pictures probably tomorrow even though I don't have the face mount looking right yet.

I didn't post any pics yet because I havn't figured out how to clean up the mount in the dash. I was hoping that someone whoe has one inthere F-150 would throw me a bone but noe so far. Otherwise it is a very, very simple install in this tyoe of truck. The wiring is right there, the parking brake sensor wire is a pain to get to but otherwise it is very easy and should only take a couple hours. I even ran the power from the battery throught a gromet located in the area behind the foot brake. All wiring went into the body where the door seals meet so like I said very simple. I will get pictures probably tomorrow even though I don't have the face mount looking right yet.

All right thanks!! because i am looking to install my D3 Friday when it gets in.