AVIC411.com

Z150BH - Doesn't save destination history, iPod freezes occasionally

2 unrelated issues, but figured I'd post them in the same thread.  I've had the Z150 for a few months now, and for the most part it's been great.

A big problem I've been having, however, is the unit (since day 1) has refused to store ANY destination history.  The history button is simply grayed out.  That said, I was able to save my Home location, and the unit retains settings during power off/power on cycling, so it's not a memory problem, I guess.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Is it possible I just have a setting set wrong?

The other problem I've been having is with my iPod.  I'm weird, and still use the iPod Classic (albeit the latest generation of said iPod Classic).  Once in a blue moon, the iPod will just hard-freeze, meaning I have to disconnect it and force-restart it.  While it's frozen I can still hear the last bit of audio it was able to process before self-destructing coming out of the speakers, kinda annoying.  This has never happened just using the iPod as a standalone device, or when plugged into my B&O Zeppelin sound-dock at home.  Does this unit have shady iPod functionality?

Anyway, other than that, the thing's been great.  Just really hoping I can get these couple issues solved.

PS:  I should note that my unit IS bypassed, correctly.

2 unrelated issues, but figured I'd post them in the same thread.  I've had the Z150 for a few months now, and for the most part it's been great.

A big problem I've been having, however, is the unit (since day 1) has refused to store ANY destination history.  The history button is simply grayed out.  That said, I was able to save my Home location, and the unit retains settings during power off/power on cycling, so it's not a memory problem, I guess.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Is it possible I just have a setting set wrong?

The other problem I've been having is with my iPod.  I'm weird, and still use the iPod Classic (albeit the latest generation of said iPod Classic).  Once in a blue moon, the iPod will just hard-freeze, meaning I have to disconnect it and force-restart it.  While it's frozen I can still hear the last bit of audio it was able to process before self-destructing coming out of the speakers, kinda annoying.  This has never happened just using the iPod as a standalone device, or when plugged into my B&O Zeppelin sound-dock at home.  Does this unit have shady iPod functionality?

Anyway, other than that, the thing's been great.  Just really hoping I can get these couple issues solved.

PS:  I should note that my unit IS bypassed, correctly.

I can't help you with your destination history problems other than to ask if you're "registering" the destinations. I haven't yet put all that many in...I'm really familiar with my current home area and bought the unit mostly for traffic and a future move out west.

I can offer that I had your problem with my iPod with the AVH-P2400 that I had previously. I could count on it freezing about once a week and it would take a reset of the iPod to get it back. I have had the Z150 since early June and the iPod has locked up only twice.

I can't help you with your destination history problems other than to ask if you're "registering" the destinations. I haven't yet put all that many in...I'm really familiar with my current home area and bought the unit mostly for traffic and a future move out west.

I can offer that I had your problem with my iPod with the AVH-P2400 that I had previously. I could count on it freezing about once a week and it would take a reset of the iPod to get it back. I have had the Z150 since early June and the iPod has locked up only twice.

I'm not sure what you mean by registering my destinations.  I just input an address and go.  My last unit (the AVIC-Z1) would then save the requested address to it's history, while the Z150 has never saved 1 address to the history...in fact, the button is entirely grayed out.

As far as the iPod thing goes...that sucks.  Really hope there's a fix for it, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm not sure what you mean by registering my destinations.  I just input an address and go.  My last unit (the AVIC-Z1) would then save the requested address to it's history, while the Z150 has never saved 1 address to the history...in fact, the button is entirely grayed out.

As far as the iPod thing goes...that sucks.  Really hope there's a fix for it, but I'm not counting on it.

One of the options once the nav unit finds your destination is "registration." That's how I've saved my searches. They'll show up in "My POI."

• 4 months later...

One of the options once the nav unit finds your destination is "registration." That's how I've saved my searches. They'll show up in "My POI."

this does not save the fact that the History is grayed out. but if you going to delete the history then all the previous destination are there in the order of entry. some kind of glitch ?