AVIC411.com

n2 problems

Guest jcd024420
I have had my n2 for over a year now without problems. Suddenly this past weekend it stopped showing any display. The whole monitor I guess took a crap. Tried resets and unplugging the battery to no avail. Any suggestions?
Hey jcd024420, when (last year) did you purchase your N2? I'm only asking because, like you, I purchased my N2 just over a year ago (April 21, 2005 to be exact) and then suddenly THIS PAST WEEKEND, the display closed shut and now it won't open :? I've pressed the "Open/Close" button on the front of the closed display......nothing. Just like you, I've also tried resetting the system, but that didn't work either. So if anyone's listening, both me and jcd need your help and / or advice. Pleeeeease?

Technofungk
[quote name="Technofungk"]Hey jcd024420, when (last year) did you purchase your N2? I'm only asking because, like you, I purchased my N2 just over a year ago (April 21, 2005 to be exact) and then suddenly THIS PAST WEEKEND, the display closed shut and now it won't open :? I've pressed the "Open/Close" button on the front of the closed display......nothing. Just like you, I've also tried resetting the system, but that didn't work either. So if anyone's listening, both me and jcd need your help and / or advice. Pleeeeease?

Technofungk[/quote]

I had the same exact thing happen a couple of weeks ago, not sure on the n2 but mine is an n1 and the main cable from the brain to the HU somehow wiggled loose where it connects so the entire connection came out making the HU useless. Had to send it back to Pioneer. Sorry guys if this is what's wrong with yours, actually this happened to me last year too.

Yndio
Well, today I took my N2 to the place that installed it (Auto Ameristar). After they checked it out, I was informed that it needs to be shipped to an official repair facility. They told me that I should have it back within roughly 2 weeks.

No one said anything to me about a cable coming loose. I'm guessing that wasn't the cause of the problem, since one of the installers said that after messing with it for a while, he was able to get the display to come out a [i]little[/i], but that was it. If the main cable was the problem, I'm sure that they could replace it, or simply plug it back up!

Sooooo, it seems that I'm going to be driving around without my favorite tunes for the next couple - o - weeks. Let's see, that means no [b]Gorillaz[/b], no [b]Bass Mekanic[/b], no [b]Prince[/b], no [b]Moloko[/b], no [b]Beck[/b], no [b]REZ: The Official Soundtrack[/b].........

:? :?

:( :(

:cry: :cry:

Oh well. At least it's just 2 weeks. I'm sure it could've been worse.

Technofungk
Pioneer is finishing up fixing mine, 200 bucks, out of warrranty on my n1. So none of you have had the connector in the HU come out altogether?? It's a yellow piece that says ducati or something similar that connects directly to the cable that connects to the brain. I guess mine just came busted up like that since only a month after owning the n1 last year I had the same exact problem. OH well.

Yndio