AVIC411.com

***I apologize in advance...I accidentally posted this in the Problems/Troubleshooting section instead of the proper spot in the General forum and can't seem to move it***

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my Z130BT to the new Z150BH for the iPhone 5 compatibility and the prospect of using my Galaxy S4 on the head unit's screen using the ARLiberator app.

I've read through the various threads and still have a few lingering questions before I schedule an appointment with my installer.

1. Will the GPS antenna and mic that was included and run through my dash for the Z130BT also work with the Z150BH or will the installer need to install new ones?

2. I'm interested in using this unit with both my iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S4, which from I've read in the forum is entirely possible. The iPhone seems pretty simple as long as I purchase the CD-IH202 kit. The Galaxy on the other hand confuses me. I've read that I need an MHL adapter. Is this purchased in addition to the CD-AH202? If so, do I need to give this to the installer or is this something that I can connect myself once I get the vehicle back?

3. How is the iPhone music playback on the new headunit? I've read that its no longer as straight forward as it used to be with the Z130 as in now you need to open an app first.

4. I know that voice recognition no longer works for navigation in GPS mode. Can I still use my voice to select certain artists and playlists while listening to my iPhone?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

I will help you with the issues I know.

1.  I used the GPS antennae from my F90BT without issue.  So I would guess the antennae from the 140 would be the same.

2.  I do not know the process of iPhone and Android at the same time, but I did initially purchase the CDAH202C (comes with MHL) to use with my Note 2 and it did not work well.  I would buy an MHL adaptor specifically for your phone on eBay.  Seems Samsung and the different phones work best with what is designed for the specific brand.

• 1 year later...

for #2- all you need is a hdmi and usb cable connected to the back of the unit. Don't need to spend the money on the cd-ih202. for the iPhone w/ lightening port. I've been using this setup for almost 2 years now.

for #3 - it is cumbersome..Have to go into the app radio mode. and even then it still is pretty much crap. Even when you use the media app or what ever it is. I find it so much easier to just stream via BT to unit and use the iPod to control..

for #4- I gave up on voice control.