AVIC411.com

Hopeful for Pioneer Update of the AppRadio 2

We have to remember that in this forum we are living in a bubble. The majority of us are buying pure appradio products. We either have the AppRadio 1,2 or 3. However currently Pioneer has dozens of appradio compatible products, and recently launched a whole slew of updates to any radio that could handle it to upgrade its firmware to support the iPhone 5. They aren't even done with that yet, because the update broke pandora for many of these radios. Pioneer has promised on their facebook page to make repairing that issue a top priority. I guarantee you that we will not see any update to appradio 2 before this fix is implemented on these radios. 

My hope is that after the pandora issue is resolved, they will give the appradio 2 an update to enable the parrot bluetooth hardware to use its stereo bluetooth capability and to give us siri eyes free. Hopefully anyways. 

I guarantee you that we will not see any update to appradio 2 before this fix is implemented on these radios. 

How are you able to guarantee this? This issues introduced to the AVH units when Pioneer updated for the iPhone 5 have nothing to do with the App Radio 2 and is likely a completely different design team responsible for fixing issues on the AVH platform. I do agree with you that we may see an AR3 upgrade for the AR2 but it wont be determined by a fix for Pandora on the AVH units.

• 5 weeks later...

The idea of using 'pure AppRadio products' makes me ill.  They know nothing about swiping on a touchscreen, let alone programing a decent interface.  The radio still requires us to tap up or down to change the frequency!  Why can't they have a simple number pad - like the phone?! I should be able to swipe on a song track to move to the next song but instead I have to tap a small little area of the screen - WHICH REQUIRES ME TO TAKE MY EYES OFF THE ROAD.  Their map program has no value except to show me a map of where I am – getting directions would be a really good idea, and leaving my pushpin in the middle of the screen is critical.  A keyboard is never used but I have to install the CarKeyboard – why?!  That’s a 10 mg turd sitting on my phone.  I can go on and on how they have made simple mistakes.

They have failed the very basics of a product that could be accepted and praised by their customers and I’m hating my purchase decision more and more. They have a great concept but their execution is downright shameful.

Adding insult to injury, the 8.30 firmware patch for the headunit now causes my screen to be black when my Evo3d is connected.  I can still use the buttons on the screen, I just can't see them.  Brilliant work, guys.  I might just toss this thing on eBay and get a ‘droid tablet installed in its place.  It would be less headaches for sure.  True, I would be giving up my steering wheel controls but I’d get my sanity back.

I too am considering getting rid of my appradio. My biggest issue with it is if I disconnect my phone from the radio then reconnect it later on the app mode will not work. I have to manually close down the app radio app on my iPhone before connecting it to the radio for it to constantly work. Very shoddy.