AVIC411.com

Hi all,

I cant find any information on this. Can someone clarify for me please?

I have recently switched from using an iPhone 4S to a Samsung Galaxy S3 but I am not getting any integration with my app radio. When I read the install guide, I see mention of an HDMI cable...but the appradio app connects via bluetooth also...Im utterly confused.

What do I need to get the appradio working again? Can I get away with only using a bluetooth connection or do I need to rip out my app radio and put in a new cable (what is it that I need to put in)?

Thanks for any help.

SG

you need bluetooth and cable for android devices. cable doesn´t have to be the original pioneer, aftermarket or samsung hdmi adapter also works (but be carefull, s3 pin alignment is not the same as other android devices, so cable has to be for s3). and you have to use samsung based rom on your s3, roms with no samsung base, cyanogenmod and so on, do not support mhl.

The affair with cars and iPhones is very simple. At most there are currently two standards to build to with iPhones. 30 pin and lightning. VS with Android each manufacturer built in a different system for each phone, and Google didn't even support audio over USB natively till I believe last year. To support android all the car manufacturers have put stereo bluetooth in their cars but as far as a connectivity system, iOS had this on lock for good reason for quite some time.