AVIC411.com

Subwoofer installation

I have a professionally installed X930BT with bypass (FWIW). I am installing wiring for a subwoofer that I plan on putting in my trunk. I've wired power to the battery, ground will be in the trunk, I've wired RCA to the sub preamps on the back of the unit.

I know (or at least I thought) I had to connect the blue remote wire with my wiring kit to the remote wire at the back of the unit but I'm not sure which wire I'm supposed to be splicing to. I'm told there is a blue/white wire to connect to but I'm having trouble locating it. Is it one of the wires that's already connected to the factory harness or is it free?

Oh and I'm color blind if that doesn't help any.

TIA

The wire is identified with a small label "Remote System" (or something like that).  It's part of the connector provided with the X930BT since it's the unit's job to tell the amplifier if it should be turned on or off.

Thanks. Apparently that label must have been removed because I couldn't locate it. Do you know if it is universally blue? There is a blue/? wire coming out of the unit and then blue going into the factory harness. I suppose I'll use that.

Also, do I use a quick tap/vampire clip and splice into the remote wire or do I cut the remote wire and connect it to my remote wire. I guess what I'm getting at is does the remote wire already connected need to continue going where it's going into he factory harness? Or should this wire be dangling as it is?

I don't remember (I installed mine a couple of months ago), but according to page 14 of the installation manual, it's the blue/white wire.  Since it's the unit's harness (and not the car's harness), it's your choice to tap or cut the wire.  I cut it, but it's up to you.

I don't remember (I installed mine a couple of months ago), but according to page 14 of the installation manual, it's the blue/white wire.  Since it's the unit's harness (and not the car's harness), it's your choice to tap or cut the wire.  I cut it, but it's up to you.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...