AVIC411.com

X850BT or X940BT?

My Honda Civic factory NAV died on me a few months ago and needed to replace it and decided to get the Pioneer X850BT. I went to FRYs to get it install but bought it from Best Buy because FRYs was cheaper to install it but didn't have anymore X850BT. Got it from Best Buy new and install it at FRYs. FRYs guy who installed it tells me that the X850BT was use because there was a password and it was not from the factory. Best Buy tells me that I could go to the Geek Squad to get it replace with no charge. Well go to the Geek Squad on the side of the store and they will not look at it until I pay $150. My Pioneer was already installed with my MIC and steering wheel buttons controls. Well, I'm not going to pay $150 for something that I already done. Geek Squad tells me that it was not used even though he would not look at it. Got so upset that I went back to FRYs and ask what other Pioneer they have and they said that they have an open box X940BT. He tells me that FRYs will not charge me to install it and he said that it will only take 20 minutes to do. I go and return the X850BT back to Best Buy.

I know the X940BT is the last year model but higher end model then the X850BT. Was it better off getting the X940BT or getting the X850BT? Got the open box X940BT for $664. I just don't like the maps as well as the new X850.