AVIC411.com

can't get any AVI files to play

Hi all

I got a pioneer 2500 BT and I like it. I loaded up a USB drive with all my favorite things, and I tried to encode some videos into DIVX AVI but when I go to play them on the head unit, they're grayed out. When I try to switch the media-mode, it immediately loses connection to the USB hard drive and says no connection. After a few moments it comes back online to play music.

Aside from that though, if I load it only the smaller thumb drive, I can switch to video mode, but I can't get any video to play, only audio.

I am using TEncoder video converter and it works really nicely but I'm frustrated I can't get videos to play. I also have the relay bypass that allows it to play dvd videos but sometimes you have to take the DVD out and put it back in the first time.

Any advice for TEncoder settings or conversion?

Thanks guys, I love the pioneer I also got pioneer speakers in the doors and it rocks.

just wanted to add some more info: still not able to make it work even though i followed many of the instructions on this site. part of the problem might be that the wrong kind of relay is installed? I don't know for sure but I have the 2013 2500BT pioneer head unit. When I try to play a video file on my thumb drive it only plays the audio and every few seconds pops up with a prohibited to use while driving message.