AVIC411.com

Volume / Speaker problems with F940BT in Mazda 5

Hi all,

Would really appreciate some advice!

I've had my avic-f940bt installed in a Mazda 5 (08) for about a year and love it, but the other day I had the first problem. In changing the volume I started to hear an odd electronic crackling sound, kind of like feedback but just when the volume control was changed. Then the volume suddenly went loud and now it seems that somethings happened that means the volume is stuck louder. The volume control still has an affect but not as it should. To explain, it means that setting the volume to 0 the volume is just barely audible and then turning it up to setting '1' it comes out very loud. 

The rest of the settings still turn the volume up louder, but I seem to have lost control of the lower volumes. 

Also, until the volume is turned up higher it only seems to come out of one side of the speakers, then both as I turn it up higher. And when I play around with the sonic balancing etc pressing the arrows makes that strange electronic feedback sound beep each time I press (definitely not the normal beep on presses that you can turn on and off!).

I don't think it's a faulty volume knob because it's the same with the steering wheel controls.

I'm using the stock Mazda 5 speakers and no extra amp. I only changed the headunit.

Could it be a fuse? Or a blown speaker? Or a wrong wiring that took a while to show?

The other thing is that the GPS fix seems to be slightly out meaning that it's always behind now when I'm driving. But not sure if that's linked or just a reception problem.

Any ideas or advice would really help and thanks in advance!

Dan