AVIC411.com

Alarm integration and 'tricky' installation suggestion

Hey, I have been racking my brain on this one, Im sure its possible just it isnt coming to me right now... this is going to probably be best answered by some veteran installers with that 'tricky' mindset at making things work the way they want...

Here it is: I want to have an output... - or + (12 volts) that is outputted during siren sounding BUT not with the chirps.. ie not with arm and disarming noises. I only want it to be outputted during an alarm sounding time.. not arm/disarm.

Let me know if anyone can think of a way to wire an average alarm this way. thanks

its a code alarm. Yeah I can turn off the chirp. but heres the thing

I am trying to get a output to run the FACTORY chirper... like in toyotas where it has that high pitch ping ping sound. I want to use that for arming and disarming, but when the alarm goes off I want to have either the horn or siren go off since that ping ping sound isnt going to scare anyone away. lol. I have thought about the parking lights and using door triggers but cant see them working as described above.

So, Im thinking a tr7 or similar device is needed. Come on ducatiboy, this is your area maybe? hehehe

Im thinking to use the siren output to a tr7 type device, but the device cant read anything less then 2 seconds, meaning if given 1 second the device does nothing, but if say 2 seconds is given, the device outputs for a determined amount of time, say 60 seconds. the input and output can be either - or +, but again cant read off of less then 2 seconds.

I think this is getting complicated for most, but I am greatfull for the input

thanks

Just as a clarification... you don't need +12V, -12V and ground do you? When you say + and - you mean the +12V the battery has and - as in the negative terminal of the battery which is just ground. You don't need a -12V below ground do you?

And what you are looking for, when the input changes and stays changed for more than 2 seconds it changes it's output for a determined amount of time 60 seconds or so. And the output is just a straight 12V out and then goes back to ground.

As for a TR7, maybe function #15 might work for you. But I have never used a TR7.

yes, the input to this device could be ground or +12 volts. Either is ok, I would prefer +12 volts though.

The output could be Either ground or +12 volts. But would have to stay outputed for a predetermined amount of time.. say 60 or 90 seconds. This output would function ONLY if the input was grounded or +12 volts (either one from above) for 2 seconds or longer, BUT not output if the input was less then 2 seconds.

The output could switch from ground to +12volts (or the other way around) during output and back to ground (or other way around) when at 'rest'. OR it could have nothing on it, I dont care either way.

p.s. what is this 'ducatiboy circuit' ? I was under the impression it was a modded tr7

Thanks for all your input.

looking at the tr-7

#15: Pulses to timed output. Upon a number of pulses within 5 seconds, the

outputs will turn on and delay for the amount of programmed time, then

the outputs will turn off.

That might work, but, in this particular application and alarm the shock sensor is a pulsed output to the horn or siren, so instead of supplying a latched or timed ground/+12 volts to the siren for the duration of the shock sensor warning zone, it pulses, very fast to the siren and horn... meaning say the tr-7 was programmed to listen to 5 pulses in 5 seconds, well the shock sensor warning would trigger it also. I dont know how this reacts to say.. triggering the shock sensor warning, then within that timed output time frame if say the alarm was triggered again by sounding the horn or pulsed input.. does the tr-7 start over in the countdown for the output? This could work but I am starting to loose hope for a perfect solution. hehe thanks for the input

Ok, I think I have figured it out through info provided by some smart people, and then also the guys over at pac.

Basically, as I understand it, I will use a tr7 option #12 which allows me to input a constant +12 trigger for a pre determined amount of time (something i can set) then if and ONLY if that time is met the tr7 will output +12 volts for as long as the input trigger is activated. Basically the tr7 is acting like a delayed output, which is fine.

I can take the siren output from my aftermarket alarm, connect it to the tr7. Then take the tr7 output and connect it to a relay. Connect the horn output from the aftermarket alarm to the relay and ground the relay. I then would have a pulsed output on the relay that is delayed and triggers ONLY if the alarm goes off and the siren is triggered for 2 seconds or longer.

I will loose about 2 seconds time in the beginning of the alarm trigger of the siren going off, but thats ok if I can maintain it going off. A neat side effect will be that instead of the siren being the shock sensor noise maker, the factory alarm chirp which is a rather higher pitched chirp will be for the warn away of the alarm. Also, This can all be done without going into the engine bay and having to run wires there. kinda neat i think.

Ok, welp hit an obstacle today. It seems the factory siren/high pitched chirp is not a traditional siren or horn.. it is appearing to be a speaker. so, with some more testing if that is the case I guess I will be abandoning my dream of using the factory chirp.