AVIC411.com

I just had an Avic x850bt installed and I have noticed that every now and again while I am driving the bluetooth will cut out and come back, sometimes doing this a couple of times like a 'flickering' effect, Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing this? I never had this issue with my AVH-X2500BT. Thanks in advance!

My 950 does this as well. I thought it was a reception issue until I moved my iPhone 5 to the top of the unit, virtually touching it and it still exhibited the issue. It seems to do it most when streaming from Spotify at maximum quality (and yes, i have taken into account streaming quality issues, I have reproduced the problem using WiFi instead of LTE, and when I direct connect to the AVIC it does not hiccup using Spotify) but it also does it when I am playing from my iTunes library, just not as frequently.  What type of phone do you have, what app are you using, and what quality is the audio stream of the source material?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Welcome to Bluetooth Audio streaming!  Its a problem with bluetooth.  Remember that bluetooth is a wireless signal, and although much better than others, is still prone to interference and cutting out.  I inform all my clients ahead of time that while bluetooth is nice and convenient, its not the best for quality and transfer.  There is nothing wrong with your units, just realize the limitations of a wireless signal.