AVIC411.com

Hi,

Is it possible to install the firmware or software for AppRadio onto an X940BT?  I emailed Pioneer customer support and the guy told me it's not possible because the X940 doesn't have the hardware for it.  Does that sound right?  I was thinking it was just software and a seperate Pioneer and MHL cable that was needed.  I'm an Android fan and would love to have a mirrored screen on my X940. 

Thanks

Thanks VBLUE42, I agree that a simple software upgrade should do the trick, but this Pioneer rep gave some crazy "Circuits" reason.  Here's what he said:

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.It does not have the circuits to support an Android, an update would not work.   Sincerely,   RockyCustomer Service Representative --Original Message--From:    brandonros@hotmail.comDate:    08/01/13To:    customer.support@pioneerservice.comSubject:    RE: Feature and Specification|A00002|2108857540 [#1464331] I'm a big fan of Android.  Will there eventually be an update allowing AppRadio with Android on the AVIC-X940BT?  Thanks, Brandon

Also, VBLUE, I see you use an AppRadio unit.  Do you really like it?  I've read mixed reviews but it looks awesome.

Thanks

The AR is the best unit I have ever owned and is the best IMO that Pioneer has ever released. Coupled with App Radio Extensions for jailbroken iDevice users it cant be beat. There is also ARliberator for Android users that is similar to App Radio Extensions. I can use just about any app I want as if it was designed specifically for the AR. Its the best option short of an iPad or other tablet installed in the dash. I would know, Ive owned all of these units as well as an in-dash iPad.

• 2 months later...