AVIC411.com

Having second thoughts

So I have the Z150BH coming tomorrow to replace an X920BT that I have upgraded with the 940 firmware.

Basically I wanted the larger screen - but I struggled over the deplorable SD card video resolution for movies. I was considering on the the upper tier JVC units. Now I am having second thoughts - maybe I should have gone JVC.

Any thoughts on the Z150BH vs. any the the JVC Excelon series?

I have the european equivalent to the Z150BH.

If you want to watch high quality videos in the HU screen. You can play your phone videos in the AppRadio Mode.

If you want to watch videos in the rear monitors, there is a no very expensive option. I have installed a raspberry pi with xbmc to use as media center.

I uploaded a video showing it. You can watch in this post: http://appradioforums.com/Thread-Pioneer-Avic-F50BT-ARLiberator-Raspberry-Pi

So I just read the User Mnual cover to cover and I know now I made the wrong choice! I cannot believe that the 150 does not have Voice Command - heck, my older X920BT has it!

So I gave up:

Voice Command

Higher resolution video on SD or USB devices

Preset Stage settings for audio

Automatic listening position (the 920 displayed a screen showing 4 seating positions - press your spot and bam, all set)

I don't think I will even take it out of the box - going right back to Amazon. Time to look elsewhere becasue this is certainly NOT a flagship product

Exactly Nissan. I just cannot justify the cost of this unit to gain HD radio and a larger screen.I have AppRadio now working on the 920 and I am going to use AUX1 in and a composite cable for the iPhone for non iTunes videos using Azul player.

So I am out the return shipping - cost of a lesson learned.

Just get the App radio. You can choose from many navi apps that are far superior to the garbage Pio navi at a fraction of the cost even if you purchase all of the in-app options. I have no less then 5 navi apps on my AR and all of them combined with all of their perspective in-app options still cost less then the extra money you pay for the Pio navi. Even Navfree is superior to Pio's navi and it is the least featured of all of the smartphone navi apps, AND ITS FREE!  Its a no brainer.